bugs and wish list

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
va2ss

bugs and wish list

Unread post by va2ss »

Hi everyone....

Suggestions and bugs list:

The SUN window, where you can see the propagation data, a black background instead of light grey would be easier to read IMHO.

When the user hit ALT-W to wipe… bring back everything to initial state if possible, explanations below:
* Could be great to wipe to « default » everything: fields and all previously displayed information in every windows.
* Clear QRZ and HamQTH to empty display in main window side panel
* MAP window: reset to default state… display own QTH and reset map position to own QTH like at start
* In the main log window, clear also the information in the middle part… previous DXCC and QSO cleared

I’m using a Kenwood TS-590SG. I configured the CW interface to TRANSCEIVER. When using the CW Tools window, typing on the keyboard is resulting in slow CW sending between each characters only. The letter is sent at the correct speed, but too much delay between letters when typing with the keyboard. If using "type ahead", it is OK.

In the CW tools, I often see « CW Interface no available ». The CW interface stops working, but the CAT communication between the radio interface is still OK…. strange. I must put back the CW interface to NONE, then back to Transceiver in the setup menu.

Thank you very for your nice work !!!

Best 73

Jeff | VA2SS
Last edited by va2ss on Sun 14. Aug 2016, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: bugs and wish list

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When the user hit ALT-W to wipe… bring back everything to initial state if possible
I could add an extra command to perform the Wipe and the additional tasks.

the keyboard is resulting in slow CW sending between each characters only.
Do you think there is a word space between each character? This is by design, Kenwood adds a word space after each single character. You can't use it in this way.
A K1EL Winkeyer is strongly recommended for smooth CW operation.

CW Interface no available
How often does this happen? Try Menu-->CW-->Reset
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va2ss

Unread post by va2ss »

DL2RUM wrote:
When the user hit ALT-W to wipe… bring back everything to initial state if possible
I could add an extra command to perform the Wipe and the additional tasks.
Thanks.

Do you think there is a word space between each character? This is by design, Kenwood adds a word space after each single character. You can't use it in this way. A K1EL Winkeyer is strongly recommended for smooth CW operation.
You are right, Thank for the input, I will buy this popular interface.

CW Interface no available... How often does this happen? Try Menu-->CW-->Reset
I already tried. Did not work to solve this issue. But I found this and now being able to reproduce the problem. Here is how....

When starting RUMlog with both parameters set in the configuration menu 1) the CAT control enable for the Kenwood TS-590SG, and 2) the CW set to TRANSCEIVER.... the CW feature does not to work at all. I must at all time, put back the CW configuration to NONE... click CLOSE, then back to the configuration window, and set to TRANSCEIVER again.... now working but just until the next application start up.

If I let the parameter set to NONE in the configuration window, then start RUMlog, then change it from NONE to TRANSCEIVER, it works at all time.

It seems something related when RUMlog starts and do all initial configuration boot up processes.... and when both settings are present and set at the same time 1) the TS-590SG CAT control set to enabled and 2) the CW features set to TRANSCEIVER at the same time during application start up.

Work around: Probably a time out value could be inserted into the initial boot up sequence processes.... to make sure that the radio CAT control has been successfully connected before attempting to enable the CW TRANSCEIVER feature process ??? Only my guess only....

Thanks for your support!!

Best regard.

Jeff | VA2SS
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

A suggestion for a new feature...

When in contest mode, it would be great if "search and pounce" is being used that whatever callsign is put in the callsign field would be added to the band map. That way as you tuned a second time across a frequency, you'd see who was last on that frequency when you were there last, even if you had not worked the station yet. In "running" mode, just put a "CQ" on that frequency in the band map, so you know where you've been calling CQ in the recent past.

Thanks for the great software!

73, Jim - KK7A
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When in contest mode, it would be great if "search and pounce" is being used that whatever callsign is put in the callsign field would be added to the band map.
It is great already: Menu-->Contest-->Add QSO to Band Map in S&P Make sure you have a Contest Band Map open: Menu-->Contest-->Show Band Map
In "running" mode, just put a "CQ" on that frequency in the band map, so you know where you've been calling CQ in the recent past.
This seems to be a good idea to make RUMlog even greater. ;)
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM