Cat Cable for Yaesu Ft-450D with RumlogNG?

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K9afb

Cat Cable for Yaesu Ft-450D with RumlogNG?

Unread post by K9afb »

Is there a certain CAT cable I must buy to be able to work with Yaesu FT450d and rumlogng on Mac? or is this not possible?
KO4JY

Re: Cat Cable for Yaesu Ft-450D with RumlogNG?

Unread post by KO4JY »

Just a shot in the dark here but this is a USB cat cable for your rig. I'm betting it would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Ft-450-Ft-2000-F ... +cat+cable

KO4JY
K9afb

Unread post by K9afb »

thanks for the suggestion, upon research I found out that cable will not work on a MAC OS X because of the drivers, they are prolific, where as we need FTDI Chipset..that same Cable is listed on Ebay and they mention that in their details of this cable.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The latest Prolific divers work fine under macOS: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProdu ... 29&pcid=41
Assuming an original Prolific chip is used.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K9afb

Unread post by K9afb »

Thats the thing Original, most seem to be from China..and that cable with the same numbers on it LD-C102..was from China Post.. so probably not original I would assume..

Like this cable same numbers on it, but in Description is says will not work on MAC OS..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-to-RS232-Se ... SwDk5T~Diy
KO4JY

Unread post by KO4JY »

I just did some reading on the Cat interface of the FT-450. It's a standard RS232. You can use any number of regular USB to RS232 cables. I've purchased them as cheaply as $10US on Amazon. You don't need anything special for this radio.

Kevin
73 de KO4JY
K9afb

Unread post by K9afb »

it's not the problem with the Cable it's if the chipset runs a certain type of Driver, and I did run into that on my Imac imitation prolific chipset will not work on a MAC..
KO4JY

Unread post by KO4JY »

I worked for Cisco Systems for many years. Over the years I have purchased many USB to Serial adapters that work with Macs. Here is one for under $10 that I know works with a Mac. It's even listed as Mac Compatible. I think you are over analyzing this.

KO4JY

Unread post by KO4JY »

This one is actually recommended by the Prolific website as being an original and it's $14.95.

http://plugable.com/products/PL2303-DB9/
K9afb

Unread post by K9afb »

I am merely stating what I read and numbers off of the cable that was referred to before..that one clearly stated on the amazon and Ebay sites as does not work with MAC OS X..

so I do not get how you say "I am over analyzing"

I never said there where not others, now you brought in 2 different cables that were not even talked about before. So those might work that you mention, but that does not mean I am over analyzing? I never said no cable worked, i said the one that was mentioned at first was listed as non OS X...

I found a Cable that has the FTDI Chipset and am sticking with that as it is known to work with my Radio FT-450D as the reviews mention that it did for others, I just don't want to waste my time getting a cable that might not work so i researched and went by what I read, Reviews, and Claims of not working on MAC OS X, I do not think that is over analyzing things...lol .