Contest Window Variables

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
a45wg

Contest Window Variables

Unread post by a45wg »

Not sure if I am looking in the correct place

I can see (and access) the QSO Properties that are visible in the Main Window - in fact I use my own Custom Script to interface to Python to get the headings for my Rotator setup.

I am now trying to work the IOTA contest - and to my horror find that whilst the contest Window shows the headings to the DX - the previous variables are not being used/updated.

What do I need to do so I can read these values from the Contest Window ?

Many thanks

Tim
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Contest Window Variables

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There are no scripting possibilities provided for the contest interface yet.
Tell me exactly what you need and I will add it with the next version.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
a45wg

Unread post by a45wg »

Tom,
Many thanks in getting back to me.

I have my own Python/Qt based rotator software - and when operating RumLogNG in non-contest mode, I pull the station heading out using something like...

Code: Select all

tell application "RUMlogNG
    return headingToCountry
My python code can tell my Rotator where to go... all nice and easy.

But just yesterday - I was trying to have a go in the IOTA contest - so I had the contest screen up - and the script did not work. The reason is seems is

Using the Dx-Spots from the Contest setting - the Callsign & Frequency are updated in the Contest Window - and the contest Window calculate the heading, but I can not "get access" to that variable. In the end I put a simple checkbox into my code - so I could run in manual mode - but it would be great if the same variables available in the main logging Window were also available in the Contest Window.

It is however still a very impressive Logger/Operating piece of software.

73s de tim - A45WG
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I 'm adding scripting options into the contest window similar to the logging window.
I found out, there is already the provision to get the direction from the contest window in the current RUMlog version:

Code: Select all

tell application "RUMlogNG"
	set x to headingToStation
end tell
Normally, this script returns the heading to the station in the logging window, when the locator is known. But when the contest window is open, this script returns the heading to the active country in the contest window!

This is not very logical at all and I will change it in the next version:
  • headingToStation: direction to the station in the logging window when the locator is known, otherwise -1
  • headingToCountry: direction to the dxcc in the logging window, or -1 when unknown
  • c_headingToCountry: direction to the dxcc in the contest window, or -1 when unknown
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM