Hamlib configuration

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
W2SRH

Hamlib configuration

Unread post by W2SRH »

I'm trying to setup hamlib on my mini since I want to share data among many programs (fldigi, RUMlogNG, wsjt-x, etc). I have hamlib installed via ports, version 1.2.12, and it talks to my TS-2000 fine. I was then able to configure other programs to use hamlib, and they were able to control the radio as well as get data from it easily. However, I seem to be unable to get RUMlogNG to speak to the radio.

I've left my old settings as they were (which worked fine controlling the rig) and changed interface to TCP, adding 127.0.0.1 to the host and port 4532. The program lights up the kHz and mode in green, showing that it has a connection, and if I have hamlib in trace mode I see a connection open to the program but no data is exchanged over the socket. I can of course make this work by keeping fldigi running all the time, and using that as the link (via xml-rpc) between RUMlogNG and hamlib, but I'd rather not have to keep an extra program open (which seems to crash a bit on me as well) if I don't have to.

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or does the TCP interface not mean what I thought it did? Thanks!
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Hamlib configuration

Unread post by DL2RUM »

RUMlog dosen't support hamlib.

The TCP/IP interface is used for a connection to a remote computer where the trx is connected to, or if you want to use an interface like the Piglet. I added this to get access to transceivers for testing I don't own.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
W2SRH

Re: Hamlib configuration

Unread post by W2SRH »

Oh good! So I'm not doing something wrong, I misunderstood the capability.

In that case, I would like to request hamlib's TCP support as a feature if at all possible. Using fldigi as the go-between works, but I generally don't run that program as I don't use those modes and it often seems to crash whenever I play around with it.