FLDigi sending commands

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
kf5jra

FLDigi sending commands

Unread post by kf5jra »

When using JT-Bridge I am successfully able to change frequencies from WSJT-X, Is this possible to do with FLDigi when RumlogNG is handling the CAT for the radio?

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron
K3DCW

Re: FLDigi sending commands

Unread post by K3DCW »

Tom could likely add support for that via the XML-RPC interface, but right now the Fldigi memories don't work to change the VFO.
Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

Dave,
Thank you for conforming my suspicions and that I was not just being a bone head and missing something obvious. I think it would be awesome if FLDigi and RumlogNG could have two way communication. Right now the only way I see to do this is to do it manually switch between the two on which application is actually controlling the rig.

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I'm afraid we will be trapped in a feedback loop. I have tried this before in a similarly scenario, without much success.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K3DCW

Unread post by K3DCW »

DL2RUM wrote:I'm afraid we will be trapped in a feedback loop. I have tried this before in a similarly scenario, without much success.
Let me guess, Fldigi sets the freq, RUMlogNG changes it back, Fldigi sets the freq, RUMlogNG sets it back...in a loop?
Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

What if a bridge function was written like that is used in JT-Bridge. Just thinking out loud.

73 de KF5JRA
Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The TRX is in the chain as well.
TRX-->RUMlog-->Fldigi-->RUMlog-->TRX-->

I don't say 'It is impossible', but I remember a time, where the K3 sometimes was toggling between SSB end RTTY 3 times a second.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM