RUMlLogNG - Contest Module

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K6LE

RUMlLogNG - Contest Module

Unread post by K6LE »

I have used the contest module for three contests so far including last weekends OK RTTY Test.

It has performed very well and I very much like doing the contest from within RUMLogNG. Among other reasons it's great to watch for "New Ones" for DXCC and/or CQ Marathon from within the contest program.

Two things I have run across that I hope on are one the to-do list:

Wipe the entry panel on QSY ( probably selectable ) and having clicked spots from the DX Spots window or the Band Map sent to the contest entry window instead, or in addition to the normal log entry screen. Perhaps it could be set up so the spot is either sent to both or the contest window if it is open.

Tom, Thanks again for adding the contest functionality to RLNG. It's a great way to have 95% of the usefulness of dedicated Windows contest loggers without the complications.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlLogNG - Contest Module

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Rick,

Tnx a lot for the feed back.
Please see the Logbook menu for a "Cleare after QSY" toggle option. This setting is shared with the normal logging window.
Currently there are no operating aides provided like a band map, dedicated dx-cluster support or a memory pad. I'm sure, it will come.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

Tom,

I missed the "Clear after QSY" menu selection since I was looking for it in the preferences. Thanks for pointing that selection out.

For me, I don't mind using the DX Spots and Band Map from the main program I would just like to be able to have a selected spot sent to the Contest Window if it's open.

Thanks again Tom for a great program that's getting better.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS
K9QJS

Unread post by K9QJS »

I agree that the RUMLogNG contest module is pretty slick, and I am working on learning how to use it with my K3. I'm still learning and spent part of the day doing a few Q's with my K3 and RUMLogNG on RTTY.

Here is my clarifying question: I have read that RUNLogNG does not support "Auto CQ in RTTY" only "Auto CQ in CW" and "Auto CQ in Phone".

Is there another way to repeat or auto CQ in RTTY every "x" seconds in the Contest Module?

Hoop
K9QJS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No Auto CQ in RTTY, not yet.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM