V1.0.8

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
NF4L

V1.0.8

Unread post by NF4L »

I'm liking NG more and more! :D
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 14.01.24.png
Today I logged a QSO with E30FB. In the log grid the text is magenta and the Q doesn't show in the DXCC info box. What does the magenta color mean?

The whole help file can't be printed or saved as a .pdf. Depending on which page I'm viewing I can print 1 - 4 pages only.

Light green text against a white background in the spots window is impossible to read. I can tell it's there, I have to get within 6 inches of the monitor to read it.

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: V1.0.8

Unread post by DL2RUM »

A QSO line in magenta can mean:
  • QSO is invalid for the DXCC (this should be your case)
  • DXCC is a Deleted Entity
You should watch to the info boxes during logging:
  • Text in Station Info Box written in magenta: Invalid operation, declared by ARRL DXCC desk
  • Text in DXCC Info Box written in magenta: Deleted DXCC Entity
See here for further information: http://www.clublog.org/test.php?call=E3 ... &minute=52
You can check for E30FB entries in your local dxcc database using Menu-->Online-->Show DXCC database

Since the status for E30FB changed for few days you should update your database using: Menu-->Online-->Load DXCC data
After that (it takes few minutes - watch the status above the Station Info Box), you should select the affected QSO lines and use Menu-->Logbook-->Recalculate DXCCs

A feature is planed to do this task automatically after changes.

Concerning printing the docs, I will rise a feature request to the author of the program I used.

Another planned feature for the next future is an option to select all colors for texts and backgrounds in the dx spot window.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

DL2RUM wrote:A QSO line in magenta can mean:
  • QSO is invalid for the DXCC (this should be your case)
I don't see how this would be. The ARRRL says "15 (E3) Only contacts made November 14, 1962, and before, or May 24, 1991, and after, count for this entity."
It does not make sense to me ClubLog would regard this as an exception. For DXCC tracking, the ARRL is the only rule thatmatters.
Since the status for E30FB changed for few days you should update your database using: Menu-->Online-->Load DXCC data
After that (it takes few minutes - watch the status above the Station Info Box), you should select the affected QSO lines and use Menu-->Logbook-->Recalculate DXCCs
I got the message that E30FB is valid, but the line in the grid remains magenta, and the DXCC info box is unchanged.
Concerning printing the docs, I will rise a feature request to the author of the program I used.
Thanks!
Another planned feature for the next future is an option to select all colors for texts and backgrounds in the dx spot window.
Wonderful!
73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Found more useful information about white listings and the idea behind it here: http://clublog.freshdesk.com/support/so ... whitelists

Concerning your log, I have to check. As workaround try this:
  • Double click the E30FB QSO - This brings the QSO into the Edit Mode
  • Change the callsign
  • Change the callsign back
  • Press Save
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Thanks, Tom for the research.

ClubLog has the right to apply any rule they want to their database.

I disagree strongly with their reasoning and reject the idea it governs my database. E30FB is a perfectly valid and legal callsign according to ARRL, whose tracking and awards I am interested in. If NG is going to follow ClubLog rules, then I suggest adding the ability to add it to my local database. RUMLog classic accepted it without question, as it should have.

The workaround didn't work, sadly.

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

In fact, using the Clublog databases, we have more advantages than disadvantages. When you update the database frequently, there should be no issues. Clublog updates it daily.

In the Preferences under the DXCC tab, you can still define your own exceptions.

For E30FB you should delete the QSO and enter it new. I found some bugs concerning recalculating. I was not consequent, or changed my mind during development. Sometimes the statics counts invalid entries, sometimes not. I change it, so invalid operations will always be counted in the statistics, but are magenta in the log.
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

Thanks, Tom.

After updating the database, deleting the Q and re-adding it worked FB. Looking forward to the auto update... :P

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L
ptbtx

Unread post by ptbtx »

Just worked EP3ASA. It was magenta, but changing the callsign and then back again as Tom mentioned worked. This was on 5.6.1.