Cross Platform - Windows

QSO logging software for the Mac
Aa5sh

Cross Platform - Windows

Unread post by Aa5sh »

Tom,
I would imagine you have looked into this but would it be possible for you make RumLog cross platform? I find myself booting back and forth from BootCamp - OSX. Depending on what I am doing I cannot work in Parallels it just slows me down. I work in a Windows world and work from home a good bit. I absolutely love RumLog and miss it when I am on the windows side. I got excited when you ported a version for the iPad and purchased it shortly there after. It was a great deal in my opinion for the power you give.
I know you have some tight integration with Apple applications like CoccoaModem. But I would be excited to have a slimmer version for Windows. Even where you hid certain functions if need be.

73's and thaanks for you fine program.

Michael, AA5SH
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Cross Platform - Windows

Unread post by DL2RUM »

A Windows version is available here: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlog4Win.zip
If you don't prefer the multiple document interface exchange the app files with these: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlog4WinApp.zip

Very few users are using the Windows version for years now. I don't advertise it, I don't support it and I can't even test it. I you find bugs you can mail it and I will see if I can fix it without large changes.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
Aa5sh

Unread post by Aa5sh »

Thanks Tom. I downloaded it and works great so far. At least initially got DXCluster, WinKey and Rig Control working. Great surprise that you had it available. Makes wish I would have asked sooner.

Michael
ddanecki

Unread post by ddanecki »

Is also RUMPed4Win available ?
de SQ2KLU
Daniel
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ddanecki

Unread post by ddanecki »

That's a shame. I think you should give RUMLog for Win some attention. Also if it can be easily done, RUMPed4Win would be good idea. Your logging software is the best I've ever used and I have hard time using anything else :) I can bet there's more users like me. Also as your applications are really good, you would reach more potential users by simply putting RUMLog on your website and making it more available. I've already recommended RUMLog4Win to few of my friends who have been asking if it's available some time ago.
de SQ2KLU
Daniel