Field tester for new RUMlog version wanted (4.6)

QSO logging software for the Mac
DL2RUM
Administrator

Field tester for new RUMlog version wanted (4.6)

Unread post by DL2RUM »

In RUMlog 4.6 are new functions available. Most of them where added due to user requests. All new functions are working fine here, but may be require some "fine tuning"
Move the downloaded files into your existing RUMlog folder: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlogBeta.zip

A major update is the QSL label printing. Now you can print on any paper size on any label format and you can create your own design. I have included 2 examples how it works. 2 QSO lines on a Avery 5460 sheet (US-Letter) and 4 QSO lines on a Avery 3475 (DIN A4)
It would be great, when you can share your created label sizes. There are to many formats out there. One important thing to remember when you are not using a borderless printing printer: In the OS printer dialog, you have do create a custom sized paper format with all borders set to zero! Use the Label Editor to make sure, you are not printing in the borders.

The documentation is not ready yet, here a short overview:
  • QSL label editor added, print labels now on any paper size on any label format
  • Address label print routine added
  • Store multi media data now in your log file
  • Save data from qrz.com in the Mac's Address Book
  • Support for attached accounts in eQSL added
  • DX cluster spot filter options added
  • Option added to print/send QSLs for selected QSOs only. (Main Logging Window - Paper, LoTW, eQSL)
  • Option added to mark QSOs for resending QSLs in the Search Window (All found or selected ones only)
  • Option added to export selected QSOs only rather than the full list in the Search Window
Label Editor
Menu-->QSL-->Label Editor Here you can create your own label or load templates ready to use

Address label print
When a qrz.com (xml subscription required) address is shown, add this address to the printer queue using Menu-->QSL-->Address to Printer Queue
To print all selected addresses use Menu-->QSL-->Print Saved Addresses The same label size as selected in the Label Editor will be used.

Multi Media
You can drag and drop files or text clips into the call sign info box. Text, PDF, audio or video files are supported. The data will be stored within your log file. The word "Data" appears in the call sign info box, when files are available for the entered station. Mouse click on the word "Data" to bring the data into view. To see all you files use Menu-->Window-->Multi Media

Address Book
To safe a shown qrz.com (xml subscription required) address in the Mac's Address Book application use Menu-->Add Data to Address Book These data will be stored in a new contact group called "RUMlog". In the QSO menu is also an option available to store automatically all gathered addresses from qrz.com.

Attached accounts in eQSL
In the preferences under the LoTW/eQSL tab you can optionally enter now your QTH nickname, if you have multiple accounts.

DX Cluster filter option
Two more filter options are available in the Preferences under the DX-Alerts tab. "Show LoTW users only" and "Show selected new ones only" Both options affect the DX announcements (window+alerts) only and help to de-clutter it.

QSL Printing and Export options
For exporting log data from the Search Window or printing/sending QSLs is another option available: When you have QSO lines selected, only these QSOs will be affected by a menu or export command. When there is no selection in the table, all QSOs will be affected.
Label Editor.png
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Re: Field tester for new RUMlog version wanted (4.6)

Unread post by M0JEK »

I just saw the announcement. I will give it a try. I do have a number of QSLs to print and send so that might be a good test! I will let you know what, if any problems I find.

I presume that RUMlog will still work on Mac OS X 10.5?
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Beta 2

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Changes:
  • All selected QSLs can be printed now, regardless the QSL status (tnx DK5LP)
  • Failure fixed while using multiple cluster connections (tnx DK1MAX)
http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlogBeta.zip
W0DJC

Unread post by W0DJC »

Tom,

Great addition to the program! Screen shot of my settings for use with Avery 5160 labels and HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 are attached
Screen shot 2011-01-20 at 2.15.53 PM.png
One thing that I noticed is that if I preview the labels that I would like to have printed, the RUMlog window asking me if the printout was successful pops up, rather than a window asking me if the preview was correct, and would I like to print the labels now. Would be nice to be able to print after a preview.

Thanks for this new feature to your wonderful logging program.

73 de Don
W0DJC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you preview your print out in Preview and you are satisfied, you can use the print function in preview. (Command P) The result is the same.
When you are not satisfied, answer the question box with 'No', you can try again. When you answer with 'Yes', all affected QSOs will be marked as 'QSL sent'
W0DJC

Unread post by W0DJC »

Hi Tom,

I guess I should have figured that out...Thanks.

And thanks again for the printing functionality that you added to the program.

73 de Don
W0DJC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Beta 3

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Changes:
  • DX-Cluster: Same dx spots from different skimmer stations will be shown once only within 15 minutes (in the dx announce window)
  • DX-Cluster: To see all spots from a station (last 2 houres), just move the mouse over the dx-call (in the dx announce window)
  • K3 Interface: Added more K3 controls
Added K3 controls:
K3 Controls.tiff
K3 Controls.tiff (25.91 KiB) Viewed 6227 times
K3 Controls.tiff
K3 Controls.tiff (25.91 KiB) Viewed 6227 times
You will notice some buttons have rounded corners, others not. When you push and hold a rounded button, then the VFO B will be affected. During a long Push you can set the mode and the band for the sub rx.
The band buttons have a further function, a kind of band stacking register.
The first push will set the trx to the last used frequency and mode.
The second push sets the K3 to the beginning of the CW band.
The third push sets the K3 to the RTTY portion of the band
The fourth push sets the trx to the dx part in SSB
A fifth push bring you back to the last used frequency and mode.
The used frequencies for CW, Data and SSB are hard coded.

http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlogBeta.zip
W0DJC

Unread post by W0DJC »

Tom,

The mousing over a spot feature that you added works great!

Also, as a K3 user, thanks for the additional functionality.

73 de Don
W0DJC