transistion to rumlog....

QSO logging software for the Mac
dk5dc

transistion to rumlog....

Unread post by dk5dc »

Being in the transistion from the good (or not so good :-) ) old windows stuff to my newly aquired Macbook, I do have a few questions to the audience, I couldn't find anywhere in the log. Hope this is the correct forum.
I imorted a rather large .adi file (those approx. 2800 2009 qso - no i'm not retired, just being productive the 1st year :-) )
While the qsl status ( QSL_RCVD: & QSL_SENT:) is correct reflected, the eqsl and lotw fields require some editing.....
Now my question. Every time I select an entry for editing (cmd-alt-E) and save the record after editing, the display *JUMPS* to somewhere in the database, not matter if you filter or if you display all records. This can be pretty frustrating if theres a number of consecutive entries which require editing - and is a time consuming process.
Is there anything I'm have overseen or making wrong ? Just having the last record in the display window would be of help.
Or shall I just keep my old qsos somewhere else and start with a new slate ?

Thanks, Peter
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: transistion to rumlog....

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Peter,

RUMlog is not designed to manipulate multiple log entries. There are two options available: You could edit the ADIF file prior import using a text editor, or since the log file is a SQLite database, you can use any SQLite editor. You have to be familiar with SQL.

To help you, it would be helpful to know your intensions. When your exporting logger does not support the ADIF and eQSL tags the following procedure is recommended:
  • Use your old logger to export all required data to eQSL and LoTW
  • Export the log as ADIF and import the file into RUMlog
  • Export eQSL and LoTW QSLs from RUMlog to a file and discard it - This will set the QSL status to "Sent".
  • Download your full (all time) QSL set from eQSL and LoTW and process it in RUMlog. Just set the "Last QSL date" in the RUMlog preferences to the date of your first QSO, when you are using the automatic download feature.
Your database is up to date now.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
dk5dc

Re: transistion to rumlog....

Unread post by dk5dc »

Tom,
My intentions were pretty clear: Just discard the old windows log.
Thanks for the hints, the combination of export and online import worked quite fine. However, I was just starting to discover the database using sqlite3 when I routinely looked thru my forum posts. Your hint was much easier to achieve.....

Again thanks and a happy new year.

Peter