Net Control Window again

QSO logging software for the Mac
g0vgs

Net Control Window again

Unread post by g0vgs »

Hi Tom,
The Net Control Window is getting better but it seems *really* hard to get the callsigns into the log now. Double clicking on a call with the 'active' box unchecked opens the fields for writing. To get the call into the log you have to be really precise and click on a column separator. So I guess there are a couple of options. Firstly you could disable the fields when the 'active' box is unchecked or a second button could be provided to log the contact? There may well be other ways but this is all I have come up with so far :)

Thanks for a great program with great support and Seasons Greetings to you and your family!

73 Ian
Ian J Maude | G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC and G4ELI-9 DX Clusters
K3s #10268
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Net Control Window again

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Before you try to double click, make sure the desired row is deselected. Just click in another (or unused) row, or move the mouse shortly out of the window. When the row is deselected the double click will be easy.
BTW, these functions are done by the OS.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g0vgs

Unread post by g0vgs »

Hi Tom,
I have a better idea of what is happening now. I noticed it today while running the Elecraft net. Imagine I have 8 people in the net. They gradually leave and I mark them inactive but one is still left. I can log the ones *above* the active one but not any of the ones *below* it. This means I have to mark the active one inactive to get the log times correct.

73 and a happy new year :)

Ian
Ian J Maude | G0VGS
K3s #10268
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Something was going wrong after testing. You are right, it is not working as expected.

Try this: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlogToTest.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g0vgs

Unread post by g0vgs »

Hi Tom,
Just to confirm, the logging works properly now :)

73 Ian
Ian J Maude | G0VGS
K3s #10268