RUMlog and the RF-Power Indicator

QSO logging software for the Mac
EA4AAE

RUMlog and the RF-Power Indicator

Unread post by EA4AAE »

Hi!

I was wondering about the possibility of the "RF-Power" meter can be get of the CI-V protocol. I've got a IC-7000 transceiver.

Thanks in advance!!!

73s
--
EA4AAE
Javier Coso
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlog and the RF-Power Indicator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

This should be possible, but please note: RUMlog is a logging tool, not TRX remote control.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
EA4AAE

Unread post by EA4AAE »

Hi!

It is possible I don´t explain me in a good way, I mean about the possibility of when I saved a qso the rf-power was got of the transceiver as the frecuency, the mode. In that way I don´t have to pay attencion to the rf-power that I could be selected.

Thanks in advance.

73s!
--
EA4AAE
Javier Coso
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. This is a problem. I guess, there is no way to get the real output power. What you need is a power meter with a computer interface. I.E. the W2 from Elecraft: http://www.elecraft.com/W2/W2.htm
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hi,

I am thinking about another method. why not return the power setting of the rig via CAT control? Both Aether Log and MacLoggerDX do this when logging a QSO. They read the power setting of the radio, and populate the appropriate field in the logbook. I suppose not all radios support this...

This would be a very nice feature if could be added. Makes it convenient, so I do not need to remember to change the setting myself :-) I am often using different power outputs.
73 de André, M0JEK