PK-232/900 Commands and function.

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
N8NOE

PK-232/900 Commands and function.

Unread post by N8NOE »

Hey Tom and all:
I Have gotten a New (to me) PK-900 in here, and a Long time RUMped User. I have been getting the PK-900 (FYI, Same basic commands as the PK-232)
running and got a VOX bard installed for the Soundcard Modes. My Question is, could more of the PK's Function be incorporated in to RUMped ?
Also, maybe more control or added Control for the RTTY mode? I run mostly RTTY but know the CW mode is set for the PK with cables and now a Small Scope.
I'd like to think there are still some PK-232/900's sitting around not being used, this might bring some out.
After adding the VOX (Ramsey Kit for $9), this has now replaced my Signalink, and with DSP it's a Real pleasure to run now.
Anyone Else still using a PK or have it just sitting? There seems to be a REAL lack of Mac/OSX software to really use the features of any kind of TNC out there.
Everyone just seems to use there Soundcards now.
Big Reason I'd done this is for the TWIN-PEAK filters in the Icom ProIII here, and a really great deal on the PK didn't hurt.
So thought I'd post and see if anyone else thinks the same, or even uses a PK now...

73 And Good DX to ALL!..
Jeff-N8NOE
"Laissez les Contest Roulez!"