RUMlogNG - Updates

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
kf5jra

RUMlogNG - Updates

Unread post by kf5jra »

I have to admit once I heard about RUMlogNG I started stalking for it every morning. :)

Tom, Do you have any plans to post a what is working and what still needs to be completed?

With my IC-735, Winkeyer, and Signalink station the interface to the radio is working flawlessly for radio control. I love the new interface for spots and DXCluster. Both Grayling and Sun windows worked properly. With that being said a few things I noticed so far:
- Cocoamodem interface removed ( Is the plan for digital modes to use FLDigi by default? )
- FLDigi not communicating with RUMlogNG ( tested by copying settings from RUMlog and having FLDigi using xml-rpc, no band change seen on FLDigi )
- Winkeyer settings, It is not clear that the macros defined in the settings will write to winkeyer or are the ones used for CW mode.
- No online lookups for QRZ or HamQTH (auto or manual (could not find the key sequence for either)

Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to what you do with RUMlogNG

73 de KF5JRA
Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlogNG - Updates

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The version 1.0 is finished and all implemented function should work, except the Maps. NG is currently awaiting the review by Apple.

CocoaModem is not supported, since Chen,W7AY dosen't maintain it any longer. I'm not sure, if cocoaModem can still work after the next major OS-X update.

Data exchange with FLdigi should work. Please post a screen shot of your settings.

The software CW memories are used for the selected CW interface. When you use the Winkeyer, you can use it. Winkeyer internal memories are not supported.

The qrz.com query was simplified. There are no menu items provided. Just open the side window by clicking the small triangle on the right hand upper side. Type in a call and press the tab key or select a QSO line in the log table and the query starts.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

TRCVR.png
Here is a screenshot of my RUMlogNG "TRCVR" settings. I double checked my settings with RUMlog and FLDigi tracks just fine. I also had a tcpdump running and sniffing on port 7362 and no traffic was seen from RUMlogNG but plenty from RUMlog.

-Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You have to enter the Fldigi address into the "Fldigi" section". You entered it into the "TCP/IP" section! This is used for CAT control over the net. Maybe it is not clear enough marked?
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

I populated the the fldigi section with the same values as CAT Tcp and still no go. Wonder what I am missing

TIA
-Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do not set the option "Use Fldigi for CAT".
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

I even went as far as removing the values from CAT TCP. I do not have Use FLDigi for CAT checked. TCPDump shows nothing on port 7362 which is the xml-rpc port used by FLDigi

Still scratching my head :)

-Ron
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

RUMlog shows the correct values from your transceiver?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I've just tested it with my IC-7000, it works fine here. You have to move the VFO before Fldigi can see the data, maybe this makes the trick?
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

The version I have is version 1.0.2 (according to get info). I have a tcpdump running (tcpdump -nnvi lo0 port 7362) and I see no packets in tcpdump when I move my VFO both up and down. Rumlog changes but fldigi does not because it is not receiving anything from RUMlogNG.

Attached is the current setting I have set for my radio.
TRCVR-2.png
I am fresh out of ideas :(