Tx with RUMlog and 7610

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
bassplayerjoe

Tx with RUMlog and 7610

Unread post by bassplayerjoe »

A followup to my earlier question:

I am unable to trigger Tx in WSJT-X by, for example, double-clicking a CQ decode when my 7610 is being controlled by RUMlog. Instead, the frequency display shifts from (say, on 20M) from 14074 to 14073.5, the Tx light illuminates, but no signal is output. If I return to controlling the rig with WSJT-X, everything behaves normally.

I have tried multiple combinations of the RTS and PTT settings as described in the documentation, but without success. Have I missed a Tx command in the RUMlog documentation?

Would you have any suggestions?

thanks,

Joe/WB0CDY
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Tx with RUMlog and 7610

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When the TX light is on and the frequency shifts, then the CAT and the PTT work as expected! When there is no signal out, you have to check your audio routing, your selected mode and your audio levels.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
bassplayerjoe

Thanks Tom,

I'm still confused, as the audio routing, selected mode and audio levels levels are identical when I control the rig with either WSJT-X or RUMlog. The only difference appears to be the choice of control program. Are there any specific settings in the Tx1 menu that I should be checking, or has someone published a menu of settings that I can check against mine?

Joe/WB0CDY
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Are there any specific settings in the Tx1 menu that I should be checking
You have to select the proper Data mode for WSJT-X.
Since we don't know your configuration and your station setup, it's hard to help.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
bassplayerjoe

Hi Tom,

I got it and am quite excited! After going through your notes, documentation and tracing the signal again, I now have the correct settings for rig control through RUMlog and proper triggering of transmission through WSJT-X. Thanks for the suggestions, which ultimately led me to the resolution.

Also, a bigger thank you for all your help. I assume that maintenance of RUMlog is not your day job, and I really appreciate what you've put together. This is a terrific piece of software, and I look forward to further experimentation now that I have all the pieces talking to one another.

best regards and 73,

Joe/WB0CDY