Problem controlling my 7610

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
bassplayerjoe

Problem controlling my 7610

Unread post by bassplayerjoe »

Hi folks,

Thanks for welcoming me to the group. I am not able to establish communication/control between RUMlog and my 7610. The only activity I observe (details below) is that the 7610 switches to TX (TX/RX LED goes red, TX icon on display lights). If I press Menu/Transceiver/Reset CAT#1, the TX function toggles off and on.

Rig: IC-7610, firmware version 1.20, MacBook Pro, OS10.14.2 (Mojave), RUMlog 4.1 (this also occurs with RUMlog 4.0.5)

Settings:

Per Tcx controls/CAT settings in documentation:

Preferences/TX1: Use CAT; Mfr: Icom; Type: IC-7610; Interface: Serial; For PTT use: Do not use
Transceiver specific: default RTTY, WSJT-X, etc. settings, with Auto Discovery checked
Serial Port: SLAB_USBtoUART (other values, such as SLAB_USBtoUART24, will show up…either appears to give the same result)
Baud rate: 115200; Stop bits: 1; Parity: none
Flow control: here is where I see the odd behavior just described – check RTS/CTS, close preferences, reset CAT#1, and the Icom’s red TX/RX light goes on, as does the TX icon in the front panel. The same occurs if RTS is checked. It does NOT occur if DTR/DSR or DTR are checked and CAT is reset. If I keep pressing Reset CAT#1, the Tx function at the Icom is toggled off and on

In all cases and tests, the “Menu/Transceiver/IC-7610 control” remains grayed out.

Internal IC-7610 settings: USB SEND: USB1 (A) RTS; CI-V Baud Rate: Auto; CI-V Address: 98h; CI-V Transceive: On; CI-V USB/LAN ? REMOTE Transceive address: 00h; CI-V Output (for ANT): Off; CI-V USB Port: Unlink from REMOTE; CI-V USB Baud Rate: 115200; C-IV USB Echo Back: On

Interestingly, if I use the Icom, my Mac, RUMlog and WSJT-X, I can use WSJT-X to control the Icom and use RUMlog for automatic logging, which I love. But I'd like to experiment with RUMlog Tcx control as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Joe/WB0CDY
Lakewood, CO
USA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Problem controlling my 7610

Unread post by DL2RUM »

1. If you want to use the TRX Control Panel, select IC-7610 Ctrl as TRX!
  2. It's not required/desired to select the COM port when you use the Auto Discovery function!
  3. Do not select any flow control options, these are used for PTT or CW keying in the IC-7610!
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
bassplayerjoe

Tom,

That's it! Thank you very much.

Joe/WB0CDY
bassplayerjoe

And I now see what I did...when the instructions indicated use of the -Cntl option, I assumed that meant the same as right-click on the Mac.

This will be fun!

Joe/WB0CDY