LoTW incoming 1 QSO(s) corrected

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
va3cp

LoTW incoming 1 QSO(s) corrected

Unread post by va3cp »

I am using RUMlogNG 3.12.2 and have seen two or three instances when downloading data from LoTW, a QSL that is red. At the bottom of the LoTW incoming window, it says "1 QSO(s) corrected"

When I log into LoTW, I can see that my QSL is matched. My RUMlogNG log entry is the same as the matched QSL on LoTW.
What could have been wrong with my LoTW upload that this log entry needed to be corrected?
Attachments
GW0DSJerror.tiff
Error downloading from LoTW
GW0DSJerror.tiff (36.46 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
GW0DSJerror.tiff (36.46 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: LoTW incoming 1 QSO(s) corrected

Unread post by DL2RUM »

This message means, that your logged DXCC entity doesn't match the DXCC entity in the QSL record. Your QSO record DXCC entity was changed to the DXCC according the LoTW QSL. See the middle paragraph concerning Use QSL details: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/pages/LoTW_Prefs.html
BTW, the color should be yellow or orange. Red entries mark QSL records which were not found in your logbook.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

Thanks Tom,

Yes, the text is actually orange when I look at it again.
I did a dummy entry into RUMlog for GW0DSJ and it comes up as GW, Wales, EU. The corrected DXCC for this call sign from LoTW is G, England, EU.
I looked at the June 2018 ARRL list of DXCC's http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/201 ... ted(2).txt and it lists GW as Wales DXCC entity 294. I have an MW0 confirmed through LoTW as Wales even though MW is not in the above list. Very strange, seems like a glitch in the LoTW database for GW entries. Anyway, looks like you have it right in RUMlog.

Regards...
73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

My only explanation is, GW0DSJ made it wrong while applying for the LoTW certificate and the ARRL didn't x-checked it carefully. According qrz.com he is located in Wales.
You should send him an e-mail and ask for clarification.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

Will do that.

Cheers..
73, Dave, VA3CP