IC-7610 USB CAT in RumlogNG

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
g7vjr

IC-7610 USB CAT in RumlogNG

Unread post by g7vjr »

Hello all,

I've connected my IC-7610 to my Mac, which is running High Sierra (10.13.3). I used the Silicon Labs VCP drivers (v5, as downloaded here: https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers).

The driver adds two USB serial ports, named SLAB_USBtoUART and SLAB_USBtoUART3. I can connect successfully to the SLAB_USBtoUART3 device (the other one seems not to do anything at the moment for me).

In RumLogNG, I was getting the frequency and mode, but only a single reading. If were to spin the dial, no further polling seemed to occur. If I used the Transceiver > Reset CAT #1 option in RumlogNG, I got another update - but only one.

I was confused by this and wondered if the drivers are not working, so I tried it with MacLoggerDX (which supports the Icom-7610 as well). It works fine and follows the frequency. Obviously a setting! After hunting around, I found you can solve it on the Icom itself: go into the Settings > Connectors > CI-V and turn on "CI-V Transceive". This seems to immediately resolve my problem, and I'm now connected up as expected to RumlogNG. Don't forget you must also match the port speed.

Thank you so much for everything, Thomas! What would we do without RumlogNG? ;)

Michael G7VJR
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: IC-7610 USB CAT in RumlogNG

Unread post by DL2RUM »

CI-V Transceive has to be switched on. RUMlog should do this for you. I have to check, maybe this isn't implemented yet in the latest public version.
Echo Back should be switched off.

Find here a first version with an IC-7610 control panel: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip Feedback is welcome.

One of the port name may change after each Mac wake up. Find here a tool to get the used port names: http://www.w7ay.net/site/Applications/I ... users.html

The second port is used just for decoded RTTY/PSK text, nothing else. Maybe I will add later a separate window for it. I would appreciate ICOM would add a full terminal functionality for RTTY/PSK even allowing transmitting via this port.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g7vjr

Unread post by g7vjr »

That sounds excellent - I will try the test build!

I have one other query. When using WSJT-X along side Rumlog (linked via UDP), I find that the rig is always put into USB mode on each over. On the 7610, we have a digital USB mode which is great for bypassing audio filters and keeping the microphone on mute. Is the signal to change to 'normal' USB coming from Rumlog or from WSJT? I haven't been able to keep it in the digital mode despite fiddling with settings in both apps.

Michael
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For control from WSJT-X RUMlog uses the PSK mode setting from Preferences-->TRX
IC7610 only: The latest test version provides an extra setting for WSJT-X. You can select Data 1-3 only, the filter is fixes to FIL 1.
Separate WSJT-X setting is for the IC-7610 only!
Separate WSJT-X setting is for the IC-7610 only!
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g7vjr

Unread post by g7vjr »

Fantastic - thank you again!

Michael
g7vjr

Unread post by g7vjr »

Just following up: the new test build works perfectly, with the USD-D1 mode set exactly as expected.

I have had no problems to report.

Michael G7VJR