Crash when trying to enter new QSO

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
awachter

Crash when trying to enter new QSO

Unread post by awachter »

RUMlogNG 3.9 (203) crashes quite frequently when trying to enter a new QSO manually (e.g. a CW QSO). Last night, I had to enter a QSO a few times before it finally accepted my entry without crashing. The crashes seem to be related to the order in which I enter the information (Time, Callsign, Frequency, Mode, etc.). Wasn't able to reproduce the exact conditions under which a new QSO entry will lead to a crash. Crash happens around 50% of the time. Running macOS High Sierra latest release (10.13.2).
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Crash when trying to enter new QSO

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Currently very few users are affected by crashes during a QSO search.
When you have enabled the option Menu-->Logbook-->Show prep. QSOs and the callsign to log is already in your logbook, RL may crash.
I was never able to reproduce this behaviour, but I got similar crash reports. Really hard to trouble shoot. Two users reported no further crashes with version 3.9
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
awachter

Re: Crash when trying to enter new QSO

Unread post by awachter »

Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that during call sign lookup at the bottom, whenever I enter a call sign to look up, I almost always get a crash. When I first filter by selecting a mode (e.g. CW) the likelihood of a crash seems greatly diminished. But I am still getting crashes. I've had the crashes also with the previous version.