How to delete log entry

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N4KHQ

How to delete log entry

Unread post by N4KHQ »

I’m new to WSJT-X FT8 and RUMlogNG. RUMlogNG is the best logging program on any platform IMO. The ease of setting up the localhost to connect to WSJT-X is unreal. I used Hamlog to add states manually. First question, does RUMlogNG have a function to add fields from the online lookup?

All is well until I did another import. I thought the duplicate record on the import would protect me but the add state field means I now have duplicate records for all entries that had states field enteries. After searching for how to delete, I read you can’t delete a single record.

This is not a big issue, I have less than 100 records the can imported again without the state field. Is there a way to delete a log entry record other than manipulating the RUMlogNG log file? Thanks
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: How to delete log entry

Unread post by DL2RUM »

First question, does RUMlogNG have a function to add fields from the online lookup?
Menu–>QSO–>Add QSO data
http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/pages/HamQTH_qrz.html
I thought the duplicate record on the import would protect me but the add state field means I now have duplicate records for all entries
In the ADIF import window is an option provided to update records. See the last paragraph here: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/pages/AdifImport.html
Is there a way to delete a log entry record
Mark the affected QSOs and use Menu-->QSO-->Delete QSOs
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N4KHQ

Re: How to delete log entry

Unread post by N4KHQ »

Thanks for the quick reply, I should have been able to find the delete option without posting and looks like if I had checked show new one with no dupes I would have avoided the problem; must be my age. It looks like double clicking the plain text field name only works for a new QSO. I'm good with that now that I know how to do it. I tried several times before asking but I was selecting a completed QSO in table, even if I was editing the QSO I could not add from the plain text.

Thanks again, you have a great program.