TCP Rig Control not working in Contest Window

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
KK7A

TCP Rig Control not working in Contest Window

Unread post by KK7A »

I am using the latest version of RUMlogNG using a remote station. The remote is a K3 and I have the CAT Interface set up to use TCP in RUMlogNG. The main logging window works great and reflects the band, mode and frequency of the remote K3. The problem is that when I bring up the "contest window" the band, mode and frequency do not get populated with the data from the main window. I have the Follow trx checkbox checked. BTW, CW sent from the contest window works fine.

Is this a known issue? I'm happy to do some troubleshooting with you if you do not have access to a remote station.

Thanks in advance!

Jim - KK7A
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: TCP Rig Control not working in Contest Window

Unread post by DL2RUM »

What is your station setup?
The K3 is on the remote side, RUMlog at your present position? What is between?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

I'm using the remotehamradio.com setup. They have a Google Chrome addon app that becomes a tcp listener. No radio gear on my end comes into play. Everything is remote other than my iMac.

Like I mentioned, it does work on the general logging window, just not the contest window.

Jim
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

Here is the configuration setup for RUMlogNG...and others.

http://www.remotehamradio.com/knowledge ... ur-logger/
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Just tested without problems, using my own software on the trx side.
The only (known) issue you have to know is following: When the contest window opens after the main window the trx data will not become initialised. You have to spin the VFO knob and change the modes to synchronise the contest window.

Short test: In the contest window Callsign field enter 14200, what happens?
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

When I try to enter and 1 as the first character in the callsign field, it won't take it. My guess is that it is not a valid callsign.
So, I entered 7005 and the remote radio did change frequencies, but the contest window did not reflect that change.

I ran across this article stating that the Chrome plugin app for remotehamradio has been deprecated and to use their desktop app instead.
http://www.remotehamradio.com/knowledge ... sktop-app/

Well, I installed the app and have it listen on port 2001 and RUMlogNG will not connect to it. I can telnet to the port and the RHR software shows a connection, so something is odd here.

Don't spend a lot of time on this. I can always just hit the band button when I'm in contest mode and call it good.

I am curious as to why I can't type in a 1 in the first byte of the callsign field like you could. Must be something I don't have configured correctly.

Jim
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Check the CW and RTTY contest preferences. Male sure the Start Exchange fields are not showing A-Z and 0-9
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

Mine had a "1" in that field. Blanking it out fixed that issue.

Thank for your help, Tom.

Jim
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

:-)

Do you have configured your TRX as #1?
KK7A

Unread post by KK7A »

Hi Tom. Sorry for the long delay in responding. I didn't have opportunity to test for a few weeks.

I reconfigured RUMlogNG to use TRX as #1 and the contest window displayed the correct band, mode and frequency. I didn't realize that the K3 doesn't like to work on TRX #2. When I run locally (non-remotehamradio.com), I just have to change from TCP to Serial on TRX #1 and it works great that way too.

Thanks for your help!

73, Jim - KK7A