RUMlog don’t need an internet connection for simple use. Following functions need an online connection to work properly:
- telnet dx cluster
- maps (Apple Maps)
- Club Log Uploads
- LoTW up- and downloads
- eQSL up- and downloads
- qrz.com, qrzcq.com or HamQTH.com queries
- update of databases:
- LotW user
- eQSL AG members
- Club Log DXCC and user databases
- K7PT database (DX and IOTA activities)
- SCP (Super Check Partial)
- Contest Cheat database (help for expected control numbers)
Further you can use internal and external connections for CAT control or Fldigi.
Log uploads to services not supported by RUMlog, are possible by an external third party software.