Moving from MacLoggerDX to RUMlogNG

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
EA3HOE

Moving from MacLoggerDX to RUMlogNG

Unread post by EA3HOE »

Hi all!

First post on the forum. Haven't read any manuals yet, so forgive me if i ask questions for which the answers are documented in the manuals.

I am looking if i can move from MacLoggerDX to RUMlogNG. So i installed RUMlogNG and my first impressions/questions are the following:
  1. In the DXCC Table i have several filter options. I don't do paper QSL, i only use eQSL and LotW. There is no option to only show DXCC confirmed by eQSL and/or LotW. Is that correct or am i missing something obvious?
  2. DX Spots. The only way to only show spots for Phone, CW and/or Digi is to to select what you want to see in the Preferences. Is there not a way to select these options straight from the DX Spots window?
  3. DX Spots window only shows spots if the DX Cluster window is open. Same for the Band Map. I assume that there is no way that RUMlogNG is able to logon to the cluster in the background not showing the DX Terminal window?
  4. In pile-ups i usually call by sending an audio file with my callsign to the radio over the serial port. Is that possible with RUMlogNG? I haven't found that option (yet). I know there is FLDigi support in RUMlogNG. Am i supposed to use FLDigi to get that functionality?
  5. In the DXCC Info box eQSL confirmations are not considered. Is that because the ARRL doesn't consider them as valid? Because i -do- consider them as valid.
All in all i think RUMlogNG does what i need it to do, so probably i will make the switch. If i can get the above questions cleared up, then my life would be amazing. 8-)

Thanks and i keep fiddleing with the program until i have my setup right.
Funny how this board doesn't have the ability to delete your own account. :shock:
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Moving from MacLoggerDX to RUMlogNG

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is no option to only show DXCC confirmed by eQSL and/or LotW. Is that correct or am i missing something obvious?
The combination eQSL AND LoTW is not possible. eQSL is not accepted for most awards including the DXCC.
Is there not a way to select these options straight from the DX Spots window?
You can sort the spots by mode, then you have it grouped.
I assume that there is no way that RUMlogNG is able to logon to the cluster in the background not showing the DX Terminal window?
The terminal must be open, but it is not required to be visible. You can hide the terminal window if you don't like to see it.
In pile-ups i usually call by sending an audio file with my callsign to the radio over the serial port.
How do you send Audio files over a serial port? That's not possible.
In the DXCC Info box eQSL confirmations are not considered.

Correct
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
EA3HOE

Unread post by EA3HOE »

How do you send Audio files over a serial port? That's not possible.
Using the TS-590 codec i can send audio to the virtual audio card straight into the TS-590. The CAT keys the radio and picks up whatever comes from the serial port (or USB or ACC) and puts it on the air. Just like you would do with PSK, RTTY, etc.
Funny how this board doesn't have the ability to delete your own account. :shock:
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Oh fine, it has its own audio codec. RUMlog doesn't support audio features.

Why do you want to move away from MacloggerDX?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
EA3HOE

Unread post by EA3HOE »

I don't like that MacLoggerDX sends emails out on my behalf without me knowing it.