OCEANIA IOTA ISSUE

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
ik2eae

OCEANIA IOTA ISSUE

Unread post by ik2eae »

When I put in the log a qso with an IOTA reference located in oceania I can only write the the two letters of continent so OC- but not the number reference. All others continents (NA-, EU-, etc) work fine but not with oceania, any suggestion?
I have recently update RUMlogNG from build 44 to 46.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: OCEANIA IOTA ISSUE

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Opps, :oops: :oops: :oops:
it will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ik2eae

Unread post by ik2eae »

I'm glad to help you.
I have some suggestions, if I can...
In the window where are displayed all the information about the country(prefix,country, antenna direction) should be helpful have also the long path direction and not only the short path.
I work on VHF and is helpful have a "propagation mode" field that can be printed also un QSL. For whom work EME or Sporadic E, Tropo etc.
I can use the existing field "qso note" but I can't print it on qsl for each qso (in case of multi qso) or at the bottom of the label.

73, Fabio
Last edited by ik2eae on Fri 15. May 2015, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The prop mode is an interesting idea. I will check.

I guess the long path direction will not ne required in the most cases, it is a very simple addition or subtraction. You have the pointer as well, for a visual information.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ik2eae

Unread post by ik2eae »

About "prop mode" the easy way for you is change the "SATELLITE" drop menu in "QSO VIA" or similar and add ES, TROPO, MS AURORA or a custom mode etc.... but the best way is add a new fied but in any case it shoud be printable on paper qsl row. Check it.

73, de IK2EAE Fabio