Callsign Exceptions

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
W0DJC

Callsign Exceptions

Unread post by W0DJC »

Hi Tom,

And excellent work on RUMlogNG! I have just downloaded it tonight, and it looks very nice!

I have a few questions.

1. I had to add some callsign exceptions, and after recalculating DXCC's, I noticed that the Continent didn't update with the exception. I can't see in the callsign exceptions anywhere to change these errors. Eg., I worked A45XR/SJ, a special event station, and upon import, it was changed from Oman to Sweden. I corrected the country to Oman under preferences/DXCC and now shows in my log as Oman, but the Cont still shows EU, and it should be AS.

2. Could the clock be displayed as a 24 hr clock?

3. Will the color coding in the DX Spots window be user configurable in the future? (I'm partially color blind, and have a hard time seeing some of the differences as it is now configured.)

Again, my compliments on the next generation of your logging program.

73 de Don
W0DJC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Callsign Exceptions

Unread post by DL2RUM »

1. Well, I missed that. :o The zones should be okay.
2. You can switch between short and mid date format. Your date format settings from your system preferences will be used.
3. It's not planed yet, but we have just version 1.0
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Here is a workaround for #1: Double click the affected wrong QSO to open the QSO editor. Do nothing, just press the "Save" button. This will correct he entry. Only one QSO can be corrected this way at one time.
W0DJC

Unread post by W0DJC »

Workaround for #1 worked great! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Here's a few other things that I noticed while playing around with the program.

1. I still can't get the time (the "Real Time") in the upper left corner of the Log window to display in 24 hr format. I set my system preferences to display 24 hr format, and that didn't change the clock display in the log window. Setting date to mid format only changes the dates shown for the log history. It doesn't seem to change the current date/time format.

2. The "Minimize All" under the window menu doesn't minimize the Band Map window, or the Call Signs to Announce window. Is there a way to "un-minimize all"?.

3. I tried the print QSL function, and set it to Avery 5160. All labels seemed to be a little too low, and too far to the right.

4. The program is very fast compared to RUMlog! I used to just show this years and last years QSO's, but even with ~8800 Q's in my data base,, and the program set to show all, a newly entered QSO shows up as soon as I hit the enter key. Love the speed!

5. Wonder if after doing a "load dxcc data" from Clublog if it would be possible to have part of the message that shows up above the previous QSO window to say something like "no change" (if there were no changes!) so that I would know whether or not I would have to run "Recalculate DXCC's" ?

Thanks again Tom

73 de Don
W0DJC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

1. I misunderstood. Change the setting in: System Preferences-->Languages & Regions-->Time format: Check the 24-Hour Time box. This works here (Yosemite) on the fly.

2. No, these so called Utility Panels can't be minimized. There are other advantages

3. Create a custom paper sheet. Set all borders to 0.0, regardless if your printer can support this.

4. :-)

5. This is not practicable, since the tests for that will take minutes. There is no "Change log", so we have to check all. But I plan an option to check just for valid/invalid operations. This makes more sense, since this status can be changed more frequently.
W0DJC

Unread post by W0DJC »

1. Time now shows as 24 Hr. Thanks

2. Ok on Utility Panels. Is there a way after doing a minimize all to do an "un-minimize all" ?

3. Sorry that I didn't see this instruction under Help before I asked about it!

4. :) :) :)

5. Ok on Club Log updates. I kinda thought that would be the answer, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for your responses to my queries, and congratulations on the new program. It is great!

73 de Don
W0DJC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

3. Ops :oops: , No - I missed that, maybe because I never use this function. I will add.
NF4L

Unread post by NF4L »

"3. It's not planed yet, but we have just version 1.0"

Tom, I would like the ability to change the spot colors also. If you do implement this, please allow the text color to be changed also for example a red background with yellow or white text.

73, Mike NF4L
73, Mike NF4L