DX spots and Band map behavior suggest

QSO logging software for the Mac
n2iw

DX spots and Band map behavior suggest

Unread post by n2iw »

From my observation, both DX spots window and Band map only receive new spots, when I use sh/dx command in telnet window, they just ignore the spots come from server. Is there any preference that I can set to make them use these older spots?

I ask this because I really need this feature, I don't leave RUMlog run all the time, I just open it when I wan't to operate, and I wan't to know if there is interesting DX spots before I open the program, so I want to use sh/dx or even sh/dx/200, to load recent spots, and check out if there is a new one for me, at this point I don't find it is possible, so I have to go to dxsummit to check, that is not so helpful, because dxsummit does not know my needed list, so if RUMlog can do it, it will be very helpful!

Thanks!

James N2IW
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: DX spots and Band map behavior suggest

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The Band Map is not filled from the Show/dx command. This is an frequently requested feature and I will add it. Unfortunately I'm short on time currently, but it has a high priority, nearly top of my list.

The spot collector is filled from a sh/dx only, when it is requested immediately after connecting (within 3 seconds). There is an internal reason for that, which I can't remember exactly.

In the Preferences under the DX-Cluster tab you can define commands to send to the cluster directly after connecting. Enter here a sh/dx/200 or whatever to populate the spot collector with the last recent spots.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
n2iw

Re: DX spots and Band map behavior suggest

Unread post by n2iw »

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom! Now I can get what I want from the DX spots window, fantastic!