ADI IMPORT ERROR

QSO logging software for the Mac
wa1ytw

ADI IMPORT ERROR

Unread post by wa1ytw »

Hi,
I've been using RUMLOG for quite some time on my iMac. I use a different program for my windoze laptop and yet another for my Ubuntu box.
In trying to keep the programs close to the same I imported from RUMLOG into the windoze box and ran the two separately for several years. When I went to the Ubuntu I imported to it from a ADI file I made on the windoze machine, I found some errors in Clublog (yet another ADI file) and in tracking down differences tried to fix things on the windows and then import back to RUMLOG.
The problem I get is on any QSO with a long frequency after the decimal point. a frequency of 3.795000 fails on import in RUMLOG. I have now munged the good RUMLOG file and backups trying to sync things. Funny, I thought with my log on 2 and 3 machines it would be safe! The other 2 will read that file but I like RUMLOG on my iMAC also.

Tom, can you adjust the import routine to allow this, please? Or suggest a semi-painless workaround?

The error on 795 QSO's is like this one:

Frequency is out of range:

<ADDRESS:59>JOEL HUNTLEY
151 JOSLIN RD
SURRY, NH 03431 <BAND:3>80M <CALL:6>WA1ZYX <CNTY:11>NH,Cheshire <CONT:2>NA <CQZ:1>5 <DXCC:3>291 <FREQ:8>3.818000 <ITUZ:1>8 <MODE:3>SSB <NAME:12>JOEL HUNTLEY <OPERATOR:6>WA1YTW <PFX:3>WA1 <QSO_DATE:8:D>19930203 <TIME_ON:6>025000 <QTH:15>SURRY, NH 03431 <RST_RCVD:2>59 <RST_SENT:2>59 <STATE:2>NH <TIME_OFF:6>025000 <TX_PWR:3>100 <eQSL_QSL_SENT:1>Y <LOTW_QSL_SENT:1>Y <APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:4>4590 <EOR>

My other problem is that I get DXCC correct in the other two programs and RUMLOG messes it up, after messing with EDITDXCC I am worse than before! I wish there was a way to disable DXCC changes on import! (they are correct in my adi file, yet RUMLOG insists on the black magic in the DXCC.rsd file...))

TNX scott WA1YTW
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: ADI IMPORT ERROR

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Most probably you haven't set your frequencies correct in the RUMlog preferences under the Mode/Frequencies tab. Make sure you have set the band edges correct according your band plan. As default the 80m band ends at 3.8 Mhz, that's why 3.818 is indicated out of band.

Please give some examples where dxcc are wrong calculated by RUMlog. Are these very old QSOs?

RUMlog can "learn" DXCCs. Use the EditDXCC tool before you import the QSOs and open your ADIF file first in this program. Use Menü-->File-->Import from ADIF
Save the changes and restart RUMlog
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
wa1ytw

Re: ADI IMPORT ERROR

Unread post by wa1ytw »

Thanks Tom! I hate it when I forget such simple things!! I had set those on my first Mac but forgot when I got the new one 18 months ago...
Thank you so much
scott wa1ytw