Few basic things...

QSO logging software for the Mac
s59gi

Few basic things...

Unread post by s59gi »

Hi all.
I am new around here and RUMLog and I have few basic questions that I am sure you can answer :D

First thing that annoys me is the thing that when I open RUMLog, the date is set to 01-05-2007. Is there a way to make the date be set to current date by default?

Another question is related to qrz.com lookup. When I enter the call sign I get the result from qrz.com. The name field of QSO usually gets filled with the name from qrz.com but the County doesn't. Can this be corrected or is there a setup for this to happen?

Thank you in advance and 73,

Bojan

p.s. Great work otherwise. I am enjoying app very much.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Few basic things...

Unread post by DL2RUM »

First thing that annoys me is the thing that when I open RUMLog, the date is set to 01-05-2007. Is there a way to make the date be set to current date by default?
There is a popup menu provided just below the date field. Set it to "Real Time"

Another question is related to qrz.com lookup. When I enter the call sign I get the result from qrz.com. The name field of QSO usually gets filled with the name from qrz.com but the County doesn't. Can this be corrected or is there a setup for this to happen?
You can take over the data manually by clicking in the result table.
You can take over the data always by setting the option: Menu-->QSO-->Add data to log automatically
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
s59gi

Unread post by s59gi »

Hi.

Thank you for your answers.

1) The first solution is ok. Seems I missed this one :)

2) I have make setup as suggested Menu-->QSO-->Add data to log automatically, but this only gets me the Name automatically :?: All other info like Country is not transferred to proper fields. Am I missing something else? Is the field State meant for country at all?

Yet another question is, when I set Auto HamQth.com LoockUp the google maps opens in a browser. Can this be disabled?

regards, Bojan
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

All other info like Country is not transferred to proper fields
Do you talk about Counties or Countries now?

when I set Auto HamQth.com LoockUp the google maps opens in a browser. Can this be disabled?
Go to the Preferences under the Maps/qrz tab and set your options as desired.
s59gi

Unread post by s59gi »

Hi.
Thank you again for quick response.

1) What I have in mind is the 'State' field when entering QSO.

BTW, is it possible to re-arrange the columns in the main window?

My suggestion for look-up would be:
- if possible do the search on all available services for callsign lookup and auto-fill the fields, first by primary site search (eig. qrz.com) and than by secondary site search (ieg. hamgth.com) and fill in what is missing. It is possible that a guy just use qrz.com and if I auto-lookup on hamqth.com than I need to click on this qrz.com lookup.

Thanks again and regards, Bojan
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Also the State field will be filled.
You can't swap the columns, just change the width.