QSO logging software for the Mac
F6FLU

Some Questions / Features

Unread post by F6FLU »

Hello,
I am a New User and I have some questions :
1)
The most important for me : Partial export in ADIF Format
I am looking for an partial export in ADIF Format; (for example from XXXX Date to YYYY Date ?)
I don't see that ?

2) Automatic Cluster connection
Some French Cluster use Login / Password system to connect, so at each time I have to tape my login/Password
Is it possible to have an automatic connection, for example to have 2 macros the first with my login and the second with my password, and the possibility to send automatically these 2 macros ?
(The same things as Logger32)

3) Band Map Problem ?
3-1) If I click to an DX spot station into the BandMap windows, on the Log Windows, the Call has been modified, but not the mode and not the QRG etc... If I click directly on the cluster Windows that works fine
3-2) When you switch on a call into the BandMap Windows, all fields are reseted except the Locator Field and the IOTA Field

4) MicroHam USB III Interface
Now I use the MicroHam USB III Interface for all digital modes
How Can I use it into RUMLog ?
I Have installed the FTDI driver in my Mac but I can use it only with one interface, that works fine with the CAT sytem, but, I Think, I have to use an another interface for the Digital mode, and one another for the CW mode ?
Can You help me about that ?

So, for the first time; it's the End of my questions :-)
Sorry for my Poor English
Daniel
iMac 27" Intel Core i7 2,8 Ghz
Memories : 8 Go
French System 10.6.3
Last edited by F6FLU on Thu 20. May 2010, 10:37, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel - F6FLU
Memory : 8 Go
French System : 10.6.3
http://F6FLU.fr
F6FLU

Re: Some Questions / Features

Unread post by F6FLU »

Hello,
For my Question 1) ; I found the answer into the Documentation ...
I can save a part of the Log very easy
Sorry for this question
Dan
Daniel - F6FLU
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

2) Automatic Cluster connection
Some French Cluster use Login / Password system to connect, so at each time I have to tape my login/Password
Is it possible to have an automatic connection, for example to have 2 macros the first with my login and the second with my password, and the possibility to send automatically these 2 macros ?
I've never seen or used this type of dx-cluster. Can you give me a address of this cluster type? I will see, if I can add this.

3) Band Map Problem ?
3-1) If I click to an DX spot station into the BandMap windows, on the Log Windows, the Call has been modified, but not the mode and not the QRG etc... If I click directly on the cluster Windows that works fine
The band map is more useful, when you have a transceiver control connected. That's why the mode and frequency data are not updated. I will think about it.

3-2) When you switch on a call into the BandMap Windows, all fields are reseted except the Locator Field and the IOTA Field
Are you sure? No perviously entered data should be going lost.

4) MicroHam USB III Interface
Now I use the MicroHam USB III Interface for all digital modes
How Can I use it into RUMLog ?
I Have installed the FTDI driver in my Mac but I can use it only with one interface, that works fine with the CAT sytem, but, I Think, I have to use an another interface for the Digital mode, and one another for the CW mode ?
Can You help me about that ?
The Mac OS X architecture does not allow the same functions as you know under Windows. Virtual COM ports are not possible. RUMlog does not support the CW or FSK function in this interface directly. The sound card should be work fine without any drivers. I guess the latest cocoaModem version supports pseudo FSK and pseudo CW. You can configure cocoaModem to work with this interface. It is possible to use cocoaModem for PTT and RUMlog for TRX control, when you start the cocoaPTT application before RUMlog. Only this scenario allows you to use the same COM port for two applications in the same time.

For further help, it is nice to know your station setup.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
F6FLU

Unread post by F6FLU »

Automatic Cluster
For example :
F5MZN :
F5MZN Remote host : 213.41.245.37 Port 9000
another one :
F5LEN :
F5LEN Remote host : f5len.homelinux.org Port : 7373
They use the Lgin / Password System

For the Band Map Problem; Yes I have an Transceiver Connected , but When I click on the DX On the DX Windows , only the Call will be modified, the Mode etc .. are not modified

For the IOTA an Locator, Yes I am sure, these fields are not erased

For the cocoaModem I don't Know what is it, I will see that

Thanks
Daniel
Daniel - F6FLU
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For the Band Map Problem; Yes I have an Transceiver Connected , but When I click on the DX On the DX Windows , only the Call will be modified, the Mode etc .. are not modified
Do you mean the DX Window or the Band Map?

A click into the (moveable) band map will tune the TRX and take over the data into the logging mask.
A double click into the DX Spot Window will take over the data into the logging mask. If you want to tune the TRX, you have to double click on the spotted frequency! This is to avoid a miss tuning, after already tuned manually.

For the IOTA an Locator, Yes I am sure, these fields are not erased
That's okay. Entered data should not be going lost.
For the cocoaModem I don't Know what is it, I will see that
How do you want operate digital?
http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/cocoaModem/index.html
g0vgs

Unread post by g0vgs »

Both GB7MBC and HB9DRV-9 use a login system. I simply type it manually. If you wish to connect to the cluster you have to login with your callsign. If you have a password set, you will then get the password prompt. If you do not have one set you do not. It would be nice to be able to set the login and password if required so that the connection is automatic on starting the cluster window.

73 Ian
Ian J Maude | G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC and G4ELI-9 DX Clusters
K3s #10268
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I added a simple username and password auto login method for telnet dx clusters. Please try out the following with your favourite dx clusters:
http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlogBeta.zip
Move the application into your existing RUMlog folder.
In the preferences under the DX-Cluster tab, you can enter now a login name and a password. Please note, the password is readable and saved as plain text, not encoded!
When the option "Auto Connect" is set and if you do not have provided a login name, your current call sign will be used. When the password is not given, you have to enter it manually after the prompt.

Note: After changing the DX Cluster list in the preferences you have to close and reopen the Telnet window, otherwise changes will not take effect.
Cluster.tiff
Cluster.tiff (24.62 KiB) Viewed 8827 times
Cluster.tiff
Cluster.tiff (24.62 KiB) Viewed 8827 times
F6FLU

Unread post by F6FLU »

Hello,
This New Version works perfectly for me, the auto-connect is a very well feature for me
many Thanks TOM
Dan
Daniel - F6FLU
F6FLU

Unread post by F6FLU »

DL2RUM wrote:
Do you mean the DX Window or the Band Map?

A click into the (moveable) band map will tune the TRX and take over the data into the logging mask.
A double click into the DX Spot Window will take over the data into the logging mask. If you want to tune the TRX, you have to double click on the spotted frequency! This is to avoid a miss tuning, after already tuned manually.
I made a mistake, effectually the Problem is when I click on the Band Map , If I click, or if I double-clic on one call into the Band Map windows , only the Call will be transferred in the Logging mask, the QRG and Mode are not

I think or I would like to use the Band Mode as the same with the DX Spot Windows

Thanks
Daniel
Daniel - F6FLU
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Daniel
If I click, or if I double-clic on one call into the Band Map windows , only the Call will be transferred in the Logging mask, the QRG and Mode are not
You wrote, you have your trx connected. Mode and frequency should be set on the TRX, what causes the log to show the trx data.
Otherwise I could add the qrg/mode x-fer to the log when there is no TRX connected.