icloud sync issues

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
yu3fms

icloud sync issues

Unread post by yu3fms »

Hallo,

I am successfuly using rumlogng with my two macbooks but I am having sync issues with newly installed rumlogng2go on my iOS.
Here is what I have discovered so far:
I have had icloud log working on both of my macOS macbook pros. Whenever a QSO is added in either one of those, it reflected on the other in the matter of 1-2 minutes. Inspecting the iCloud storage, i have seen rumlogng2go data stored.
Then when installed app on iOS, and selected icloud log, it did not sync to my ios device no matter what I have tried.
To cut the long story short, i have then exported my log from one of the macos machines and then deleted all QSO while I had icloud log selected and then also deleted rumlogng2go data from iCloud. This was in order to try to import QSO and create new icloud log from iOS to try if the sync would work the other way around.
Then I have checked on all devices if the data still exists in the iCloud, it did not.
Then I have deleted and reinstalled rumlogng2go on my iOS.
Seleceted the icloud log and the app loaded my preferences, strangly.
Then I have imported the QSOs from the backup log file transfered from the MacOS device.
Then I have done "export to synced logbook".
Then I have selected the "iCloud synced log" in iOS.
After that, all QSOs are displayed on iOS.
Fired up the app on MacOS, nothing is shown for "icloud synced log".
Inspecting the iCloud storage data shows no stored data for rumlogng2go either when looking with MacOS or iOS.
Then, selected the imported log on my iOS again, again done the "export to synced logbook" and then selected the "iCloud synced log" again, and the app is showing double QSOs.

EDIT: I have just deleted the imported logbook, and then selected the icloud log, and the app on iOS does not show any QSOs. So, it seems that "export to synced.." option acctualy just duplicated the records in the log on the device, and displayed it as "icloud log" although it is not...

EDIT2: I have reimported my backed up log on MacOS while I had "use it" set for icloud synced log. Sure enough, after import, there is RumlogNG2Go data in the iCloud. Resintall the app on iphone, set to use "icloud synced log"...no QSOs.. Viewing iCloud storage from iPhone also shows RumlogNG2Go data in the cloud..... I have no furhter ideas

It seems that as if the app for iOS is not actually doing anything with the iCloud at all.
All my settings and permission for iCloud are set up correctly and I have waited a fair amount of time for sync to occur..12hours...
And for sure I am using the same iCloud account across all of my devices.

Thanks in advance, all the best, Filip YU3FMS