Bulk edit Logfile using SQLite

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N6KRJ

Bulk edit Logfile using SQLite

Unread post by N6KRJ »

I'm going through by logbook and trying to correct some of the log info for stations that I've hunted for POTA.

Given that I typically log the park that I've hunted, tracking down the park information (gridsquare, county, state, etc) is pretty straightforward, but wanting to automate this a bit moving forward. Nothing scary there.

Looking at the rlog file using the SQLite ER tool in RustRover, I see many of the "free text" VARCHAR columns are URL Encoded in a peculiar way - in that the traditionaly "safe" characters are also encoded. So this is possibly a question for Thomas - but others who have the answer already could chime in..

1. Which fields (columns) are URLEncoded?
2. Which characters are you NOT encoding, which I assume is a shorter list than asking what is being encoded? Or which encoding algorithm/library/package are you using? I'll take the answer in whatever format is simplest to describe.

Thanks & 73,

Jim N6KRJ
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Bulk edit Logfile using SQLite

Unread post by DL2RUM »

All non-alphanumeric characters are percent encoded for the following fields:
  • name
  • qth
  • note
  • manager
  • user_1
  • user_2
  • user_3
  • user_4
  • county

Code: Select all

NSString* noteOrg = @"I'm a note";
NSString* noteNew = [noteOrg stringByAddingPercentEncodingWithAllowedCharacters:[NSCharacterSet alphanumericCharacterSet]];

// -->  I%27m%20a%20note
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N6KRJ

Re: Bulk edit Logfile using SQLite

Unread post by N6KRJ »

Thanks Thomas,

That helps quite a bit. I didn't even recall there was a superset encoding called PercentEncoding. I had only considered it as URL Encoding (which is a subset with some differences).

/jk