Lock Desktop Layout

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
KC1G

Lock Desktop Layout

Unread post by KC1G »

Hello,

I am no longer using Rumlogng on my old MacBook. I installed Rumlogng 5.13.2 on my 2019 iMac running macOS Sonoma. I loaded the appropriate driver and it links perfectly with my Icom 7300. I also exported the QSO ADIF file from the MacBook, created a new logbook on the iMac and imported all my QSOs.

I set up my Rumlogng desktop with several windows open: Log, Log Station Info, Band map, Terminal, Grayline and DX Spot. When I close the application and reopen, Rumlogng menu bar is populated. However, none of the previous windows reopen. I then have to use the Window dropdown menu and click on each selection. Each window opens and is positioned in its previous location. Additionally, I have to reopen the logbook file from the dropdown menu.

I must be missing something. There must be some way to open and close the app without having to rebuild it every time.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 73, Mike KC1G
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Lock Desktop Layout

Unread post by DL2RUM »

It seems to be a permission issue. Try the following:
  • Quit RUMlog.
  • Go to the folder: ~/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG/Data/Library/Preferences/ (from your user root) or it may be named ~/Library/Containers/RUMlogNG/Data/Library/Preferences/.
  • Delete the file de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG.plist.
  • Reboot your Mac.
  • Try again, all your settings are reset now.
When this is not successful delete the whole folder ~/Library/Containers/de.dl2rum.RUMlogNG
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
KC1G

Re: Lock Desktop Layout

Unread post by KC1G »

That did it. Thank you very much.

73, KC1G