2023 Nov ARRL Sweepstakes error

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
todivefor

2023 Nov ARRL Sweepstakes error

Unread post by todivefor »

I am getting messages from ARRL contest upload:

Sent section (77) for 63 of 63 QSOs doesn't match location (WPA) selected on this web form.
Sent exchange is missing check,sec for each QSO

This is from a Contest ! Export Cabrillo... from RumLogNG 5.14.4. Each cbr entry looks like:

QSO: 21285 PH 2023-11-18 2104 WB3IZU 001 U WB3IZU 77 WPAN7QAX 006 U N7QAX 89 WY

What am I doing wrong?

Peter, WB3IZU
todivefor

Re: 2023 Nov ARRL Sweepstakes error

I am guessing this is mostly, if not all, user error. This was my first try using "contest". I setup new contest, "ARRL Sweepstakes". I filled the fields and RumLogNG setup the "Number Sent" field as:
nnn U WB3IZU 77 WPA

I then mimicked this in each "Number rcvd" field:
nnn x rcvdcall ck section
I filled these fields in as received.

From what I can determine, the log upload (cabrillo file) expects something like:
QSO: 21285 PH 2023-11-18 2104 WB3IZU 001 U 77 WPA rcvdcall 006 U 89 WY

So do I need to take my call out of the "number sent" field and the received callsign out of the "Number rcvd" field? Or am I missing something as to how this works?

Peter, WB3IZU
km4esu

Unread post by km4esu »

This was my first contest as well, and I was hoping to upload the contacts to the LOW, but I can't sync. It says I do not have a call sign. I have not had any trouble with the normal log book uploading to the LOW, but the contest module does not work.

What must I do to get the contest information to the LOW?

Tim
KM4ESU
todivefor

I got my cabrillo file to upload by making the following changes: I edited my QSOs from the contest window and deleted the callsign from the "Number rcvd" field. I am not a contester so I only had about 60 QSOs to edit. Next, I did Contest | Export Cabrillo... I then edited the cabrillo file. I deleted my callsign between the precedent and the check (ie U WB3IZU 77). I also added a space between my section (WPA) and the received callsign. Upload to ARRL was then successful.
todivefor

km4esu wrote: Mon 20. Nov 2023, 23:38 This was my first contest as well, and I was hoping to upload the contacts to the LOW, but I can't sync. It says I do not have a call sign. I have not had any trouble with the normal log book uploading to the LOW, but the contest module does not work.

What must I do to get the contest information to the LOW?

Tim
KM4ESU
Tim, I am new to RumLogNG and contesting so take what I say with a grain. I do not upload to LOTW through the contest menu. Instead, I import my contest QSOs into my main logbook (Logbook | Import contest file...). Then, QSL | LoTW out for new QSOs. No problem.

Peter, WB3IZU
km4esu

Unread post by km4esu »

Thank you that worked.