UDP Rotor Control from within RL

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N3RTW

UDP Rotor Control from within RL

Unread post by N3RTW »

I'm using RL 5.14.4, and am trying to interface it to a homebrew ESP8266 based rotor controller. I've looked at the Rotor app but it seems to want a USB connected rotor controller.

I enabled AppInfo broadcasting on UDP/12060 and I can see packets with the heading I need. Is there a way to initiate a rotor change from within RL though? I see from the Rotor application's documentation that I should be able to click on the Compass icon in the Main Logger window to have RL tell Rotor to move the antenna, but when I do that I don't see anything happening on the network that would indicate that.

IOW, I can see the packets for the heading I want, but no way to tell that the RL user has asked for the antenna to be moved kind of like Alt-J does in N1MM.

Thanks and 73 de Sean N3RTW
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: UDP Rotor Control from within RL

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Opps, you are right. This info is not sent always. It's corrected, you can play with it downloaded from here: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG_Test.zip
You should see a broadcast like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RotorCommand>
    <TurnTo>74</TurnTo>
    <UsedBand>17m</UsedBand>
</RotorCommand>
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N3RTW

Re: UDP Rotor Control from within RL

Unread post by N3RTW »

Wow that was fast, thanks! It works; I see the packet on the network when I click the compass.

73 de Sean N3RTW