WSJT-X - Callsign Checking not working with 5.11.2

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
AG7AB

WSJT-X - Callsign Checking not working with 5.11.2

Unread post by AG7AB »

I am seeing a new issue since updating to 5.11.2. I am running with WSJT-X 2.4.0, MacOS 11.7, and a TS-590S. All worked fine previously, but since the latest RL update I am not seeing the WSJT-X active callsign information transferred to RL until the QSO is saved. When it is manually saved, all the data is displayed correctly, but there is no indication prior. I have automatic logging disabled and callsign checking enabled. I find the callsign checking to be a very useful function to check for new contacts, DX entities, etc.

I am just wondering if others are seeing this, or if I may have some other setup problem. I did see the post from LA0FA regarding "local host" vs. 127.0.0.1 and changing that didn't make any difference in this situation.

Thanks,
Mike
AG7AB
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: WSJT-X - Callsign Checking not working with 5.11.2

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Call check from WSJT-X was deactivated Inadvertently. If you need this feature download the update (5.11.3) from here: https://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/RUMlogNG.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
AG7AB

Unread post by AG7AB »

That fixed it. Thank you very much! I really appreciate the quick response. I wrote up an issue, go to bed, and the next morning the fix is available! Amazing!

A related question: Do you keep an archive of old versions available on line? The thought occurred to me yesterday to revert back to the previous version to isolate the problem. I thought of rolling back to a Time Machine backup, but didn't get that far.

Thanks again and Happy New Year,
Mike
AG7AB
AB8O

Unread post by AB8O »

Thank you, this corrected the problem for me. However, now the callsign check occurs repeatedly during a single transmission...up to five times...I can see the pin on the map popping up this often on each transmission. When I try to magnify the view on satellite, the image keeps moving to some set position so I cannot accurately view the ham's location...i.e., their home.Thanks
AB8O

Unread post by AB8O »

meant to add this...WSJT 2.5.4. Rumlog 5.11.3. Icom7300
AG7AB

Unread post by AG7AB »

AB8O wrote: Thu 29. Dec 2022, 17:07now the callsign check occurs repeatedly during a single transmission...up to five times...I can see the pin on the map popping up this often on each transmission.
I just updated my WSJT-X from 2.4.0 to 2.5.4, and I am now seeing the same thing. It seems to occur at the same time as the flashing blue Decode button on WSJT-X. I was not seeing this with RL 5.1.3 earlier today with the older WSJT-X, so I don't think it's related to the 5.1.3 RL change.

Mike
AG7AB
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is a problem in the latest versions with the WSJT-X integration. An updated version is currently in the Apple review process.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM