Rumlog contest mode with SDC and EESDR3

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
oe7mop

Rumlog contest mode with SDC and EESDR3

Unread post by oe7mop »

In order not to start with the problem I have... I'll start with praise for the Rumlog software :)...
I've been using it for a couple of years as my main log, and it's really excellent in every sense...
Unfortunately for contests, partly because of habit and partly because of some specific possibilities, I use 5M contest lately (and previously N1MM).

For the last cq ww cw contest, I decided to try to do it with mac/rumlog...
I use Sunsdr pro2 with eesd3 in combination with SDC (Software defined Connectors) and of course Rumlog...
The combination of eesdr3/sdc with active skimmer and telenet server via TCI works great in Windows and Mac...

Now comes the problem :)

The SDC skimmer sends local spots to the eesdr panorama - it works great...
The option for the decoded cw to appear on the contest window in the rumlog via tcp broadcast data - also works perfectly!

When I click on the call sign on the panorama in eesdr, of course it appears in the call sign field in the content rumlog window...
but rumlog immediately prints in red letters - Band is not allowed...
Qso can be done and saved without any problems...but when you look more closely at the log - the saved qso is missing a band/requency...and rumlog, then, of course does not count it as a valid qso...?
When I manually enter the callsign in the callsign field, everything works...
The same does not happen in the rumlog main logging window... but only in the contest mode window...

Of course, it is possible that I set something wrong in my configuration...but for days I have been trying to figure out what the problem would be....
I hope I was clear in presenting the problem...:)
I wish you all the best!

Vy 73 Dejan
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Rumlog contest mode with SDC and EESDR3

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When I click on the call sign on the panorama in eesdr, of course it appears in the call sign field in the content rumlog window...
but rumlog immediately prints in red letters - Band is not allowed...
This is not the way it should work. There is a bug in the contest module, it will be fixed in the next update.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
oe7mop

Re: Rumlog contest mode with SDC and EESDR3

Unread post by oe7mop »

Juhuuu...its working now! Thank You!!!
Now, its time to buy new m1 or m2 mac... :roll: and to donate for great software... :D
Vy 73!