Azimuth window indicator not moving

The most advanced rotator control and satellite tracking solution for the Mac
g6nhu

Azimuth window indicator not moving

Unread post by g6nhu »

Hi,

Firstly, I'm really pleased to have found Rotor, thank you. I've been using pstrotator on a Windows VM but I'd much rather use a native macOS app instead.

I've spent some time this evening playing around with automation via WSJT-X and all is working well apart from one thing. The pointer on my azimuth window hasn't moved away from North.

I can click in the window, the rotator turns but the indicator just doesn't move at all, it just stubbornly sits there.

I'm using a Yaesu G-1000DCX with an ERC-Mini DX and the computer is an M1 Mac Studio Ultra. I've selected the GS-232A protocol.

Have I missed something really stupid in the setup?

Thanks.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Azimuth window indicator not moving

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you have selected the same protocol in the ERC-Mini?
I've tested the software with an ERC-USB successful. You should test your ERC using a simple terminal application. Sending the letter C followed by a carriage return and a line feed should give the azimuth followed by carriage return and a line feed.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g6nhu

Re: Azimuth window indicator not moving

Unread post by g6nhu »

Thanks for the reply, Tom.

The ERC-Mini is USB so I can't connect to it using the terminal.

Everything works, I can turn the rotator using the main Rotor window, I enter a direction and it turns. I can turn it using the clockwise and anti-clockwise buttons. It links to WSJT-X properly and turns when I start working stations.

It's just the Azimuth display that doesn't move with the rotator.

Ahhh, while typing this, I did some more testing. Changing the protocol in Rotor to GS-232B instead of GS-232A has made it work. I'll still post this message in case it helps anyone else.

G-1000DXC and ERC-Mini DX, set the protocol to GS-232B.