Feature Request

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K1JX

Feature Request

Unread post by K1JX »

Would it be possible to add a check box option to the TX1/TX2 Preferences so that it would be possible to reset the CAT interface automatically when switching to a selected Transceiver setup? I'm finding some occasional glitches when switching between a WSJT Transceiver setup with no CAT control (controlled by WSJT) and a CW/SSB Transceiver setup where CAT is used. Doing a manual reset from the menu works, but automatic would be nicer. :)

Not everybody would want the reset (maybe?), which is why I suggest the checkbox. But, if it always would be a good idea for everyone, no checkbox would be needed - just a reset.

This is separate from the 5-10 second beach ball effect I've seen on and off when right clicking on a spot to QSY in the CW/SSB setup. I'm almost sure it's not the driver or any of that, since controls in the CAT control window work immediately. It's when I ask RUMlogNG to QSY from a spot.

In any case, I'm using the standard drivers supplied by Apple for interfacing with the FTDI-serial adaptor that Elecraft supplies. At least I think I am. I certainly haven't installed any other drivers.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Feature Request

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I don't see a reason why not let RUMlog doing CAT control during WSJT-X operation.
When you switch CAT on or just change a parameter always a full reset will be performed. No need for another reset option.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K1JX

Re: Feature Request

Unread post by K1JX »

The downsides to letting RUMlog control CAT during WSJT-X operation are:

* It's slower (some), which puts you at somewhat of a disadvantage when calling a station that has "Call 1st" checked for responding to CQ's.

* As I understand it, you can't allow RUMlog to automatically set the mode when switching to WSJT-X.

* You need to use "Fake It" for Split operation. This also is a bit slower - see the above. I suppose "None" would also work for me, since I don't have a big signal and it's pretty clean no matter what. But, I don't think that approach works when chasing a Fox as a Hound.

So, I guess manual resetting it is!
K4QR

Re: Feature Request - Add Florida QSO Party Contest

Unread post by K4QR »

Hi DL2RUM,

Your RUNlogNG (for Apple MacOS) and RUNlog2Go (on iOS/iPadOS) are now my favorite contest logging applications. Thanks for all the programming and support you provide for these excellent software products.

I would like to request that you consider adding the "Florida QSO Party" (Contest ID: "FCG-FQP") to the list of supported contests in those ham radio applications. Additional information about this contest can be found at these links:

https://floridaqsoparty.org

https://www.contestcalendar.com/contest ... hp?ref=325

Tony/K4QR