LoTW error downloading QSL's RUMlogNG v5.6.1

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
va3cp

LoTW error downloading QSL's RUMlogNG v5.6.1

Unread post by va3cp »

I am getting an error when trying to retrieve QSL's from LoTW. I have verified that my username and password is correct by logging into the LoTW site using Safari. This seems to have started with v5.6.0 and I just installed v5.6.1 and get the same error.
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 8.41.07 PM.png
73, Dave, VA3CP
va3cp

Re: LoTW error downloading QSL's RUMlogNG v5.6.1

Unread post by va3cp »

I have three other logbooks and when I switch to any of them, they will all log into LoTW and receive QSL's.
I suspect this problem occurred when I was editing a QSL while using V5.6.0 and got the spinning beach ball. I force quit RUMlogNG and I believe this problem showed up after doing that. I have restarted the iMac to no avail.

If I expand the window shown in my original post, there is an option at the top right corner to log into Lo'TW. When I do that, I get logged in but when I put my credentials in below the yellow box with Log on to Logbook of the World, clicking Log On does nothing.

Could the logbook be corrupted?
73, Dave, VA3CP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I have three other logbooks and when I switch to any of them, they will all log into LoTW and receive QSL's.

Are these logbooks for the same callsign and do use the same credentials?
RL has problems with password including some special characters. But when it works from other logbook files, I suspect a wrong entry.
I suspect this problem occurred when I was editing a QSL while using V5.6.0 and got the spinning beach ball. I force quit RUMlogNG and I believe this problem showed up after doing that. I have restarted the iMac to no avail.
I don't think so.
If I expand the window shown in my original post, there is an option at the top right corner to log into Lo'TW. When I do that, I get logged in but when I put my credentials in below the yellow box with Log on to Logbook of the World, clicking Log On does nothing.
The presented page is for your information only. Interaction is not possible, it's read only!

Could the logbook be corrupted?
No.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
va3cp

Unread post by va3cp »

Tom,

I re-entered all of my information in RL preferences for LoTW, changed gridsquare, saved config. Was able to download latest QSL's from LoTW. Changed my grid square back to my home location, saved preferences and all working.

As you said, something wrong with log in info for LoTW but we may never know what had changed. All good now.
Thanks for the quick reply. We can consider this one resolved.

Regards...
73, Dave, VA3CP