BT pairing in ver 5.4 IC705

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
SM0HEV

BT pairing in ver 5.4 IC705

Unread post by SM0HEV »

Hi,
As RumlogNG2go was upgraded to 5.4 I lost my BT connection to the iPad and I am unable to pair again with my IC705. Worked perfect with 5.3 Any ideas? Is there a new way to pair? E.g. there is no “pair with ICOM” button any moreThe BT on both the iPad and the IC705 work fine with other devices .
/Jens
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: BT pairing in ver 5.4 IC705

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is a separate IC-705 control screen now. Touch the IC-705 Ctrl button in the upper middle part.
To pair the iPad again, you have to delete the old pairing first. Use the IC-705 Bluetooth menu for that.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
SM0HEV

Unread post by SM0HEV »

Thanks a million Tom!

/jens
SM0HEV

Unread post by SM0HEV »

Thanks Tom for this valuable addition! The CW Memory function is great.. :) Unfortunately, the TRX control page is 3 button pushes away from then log entry page - not so easy when you are on top of a WWFF pileup :( Having the memory keys on the log page would have been great. Having a button (or even better a macro) for sending the call in the call sign field would have been even better! 8-) I would gladly sacrifice one or two of the lines in the log display for this feature.

Jens
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You should consider to use a MacBook.
The control screen should be one button press away, once configured and connected.

Do you use an external keyboard?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
SM0HEV

Unread post by SM0HEV »

Yes, I do use an external BT Logitech keyboard. The beauty of the iPad is the size, weight,ruggedness and cost - ideal for my backpack and portable operation. RumlogNG2go is “almost there” for me. The DXCC and award tracking functionality is less interesting as I export all the logs and import them into my stationary log (DXlab). When using more heavy weight portable gear, I am using a PC laptop with N1MM+. Hard to beat when running pileups with the contest style integrated CW messages and the waterfall spectrum display with integrated spots
SM0HEV

Unread post by SM0HEV »

Thanks for the hint, Tom. I dug out my old MacBook Air (2012) :D , installed Mojave and got RumlogNG running and managed to pair it with the IC-705 via BT. The dry runs looks promising - it seems to have the functionality I need and will try the Contest/DXpedition mode in my next WWFF activation!

/Jens