How to insert QSO data into a CW memory?

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
n0uk

How to insert QSO data into a CW memory?

Unread post by n0uk »

Having referred to both the standalone documentation and the internal Help pages, I am struggling how I can cause a CW memory to automatically include some element from the logged data into the content of what gets played back from a memory.

e.g. Memory data: <THEIR_CALL> <MYCALL> <REPORT> <SERIAL-NO> FRED MN

Where the data in <> brackets gets replaced by the value in the current QSO being logged. Obviously this is for sending a customised contest exchange.I am sure there must be a reference to such referable elements but I just can't find it!
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: How to insert QSO data into a CW memory?

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Having referred to both the standalone documentation and the internal Help pages
Both have the same content.

I don't understand your intention, an example could be useful for me. You are talking about the contest CW memories? (There are other placed with memories) There is no exchange to/from saved data, just to the logging fields. But I'm not clear about your question.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
n0uk

Unread post by n0uk »

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom.

I believe I have figured out what how to do what I wanted.

I found that using the words in <> brackets in my macro definitions, that created the effect i wanted. It just wasn't clear to me from the doc's that that was what I needed to do, and that I had to create those macros even for pre-defined contest configurations.
G1UYZ

Unread post by G1UYZ »

N0UK

I think I’m having the same problem that you experienced when trying to automatically transfer the tagged data in the CW Tools dialogue box into one of CW Memories so I can use my keyboard Function Keys F1,F2, etc to send the CW memory content which will be an auto reply containing the other station’s callsign, name, etc.
like you I tried using the format: <THEIR_CALL> <MYCALL> <REPORT> <SERIAL-NO> FRED MN; but when I send the memory content it literally send the above text in code letter by letter NOT the related data from the CW Tools box.
I also tried the format: %THEIR_CALL %MYCALL etc; which I saw in another online document. Again the keyer sends the text verbatim without substituting the tag data from CW Tools Box.

I note from you comment dated 7 Nov 2020 that you have got the CW Memories working with the Tag data. Can you tell me how you formatted the memory contents to make it work please?

Thanks

Dave
G1UYZ
IU3BRO

Unread post by IU3BRO »

I gave up in this battle, i.e. to put things like <his call> in memory places in normal logging sessions (not contest). Thus I use this facility in the smartSDR Mac directly, far easier in this matter., unless somebody can suggest some shortway that I am not able to find out.
tilio iu3bro
There is no feature like this.