How to log from WSJT-X running on separate PC

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
KB8CR

How to log from WSJT-X running on separate PC

Unread post by KB8CR »

I am new to RUMLogNG, and so far am loving it. I run mostly satellite mode recently, and RUMLog is the best I've seen for logging satellites.
I'm using a Mac and a Flex 6600 (With transverters) and all is working well locally on the Mac. Unfortunately, some of the programs I use are Windows only applications, so those run on a separate computer. With FlexRadio's CAT and DAX programs, that is no problem. But for WSJT-X, which is running on the Windows PC (with JTAlert, which logs to HRDLog on the PC), and for Greencube Terminal (for IO-117) running on the Windows PC, I am trying to send the logs to RUMLogNG via UDP.
(Greencube terminal works exactly like WSJT-X for logging contacts)

I have configured those two programs to send to an IP address of 192.168.1.255 and port 2337. The Mac is also in that segment. I put port 2337 in the data window for RUMLog, but it does not log . I also tried using 255.255.255.255, but that didn't work either. Is it possible to send the logged QSO from applications running on the PC to the MAC running RUMLOG? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

HRDLog also has the ability to forward to N1MM......could I use that to send the info to RUMLog??

Thanks,

de Charlie KB8CR
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: How to log from WSJT-X running on separate PC

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Monitor the Network window in RUMlog. It should show the WSJT-X instances running in the network.
Watch the status messages. It should show a message like Listening to WSJT-X on port xxxx.
Quit all other applications in the network listening to the same UDP port. Bad programming can cause the theft of UDP data.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM