Portable operations, multiple QTH log management ?

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
F4JKS

Portable operations, multiple QTH log management ?

Unread post by F4JKS »

Dear all,

I'm using RUMlogNG for home and also for portable operations in the field.
How can I manage my portable operations with my portable QRZ (/P) ?

Do you recommend to use a different database and separate all the portable QSOs (done with : QRZ/P) from my station QSOs ?

Is there a differnt way to do that and use only one database for all my QTH for portable and for home logging ?
The best way would be to use only one database...

Any suggestions are welcome.
Best 73'
David.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Portable operations, multiple QTH log management ?

Unread post by DL2RUM »

One possibility is to use the user fields in a clever way. I would map one or more fields to ADIF conform tags. See my_gridsqusre, my_pota_ref, my_sota_ref, my_wwff_ref, etc ….
Also the QSO Color coding is a gear tool.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
F4JKS

Unread post by F4JKS »

Thank you for your reply, I will try to do that.
Best regards.
Yuri

Unread post by Yuri »

DL2RUM wrote: Sat 28. Jan 2023, 13:46 One possibility is to use the user fields in a clever way. I would map one or more fields to ADIF conform tags. See my_gridsqusre, my_pota_ref, my_sota_ref, my_wwff_ref, etc ….
Also the QSO Color coding is a gear tool.
Sorry fo hijacking the topic, but I often operate portable doing POTA and also ideally would like to keep all QSO's in a single log.
User defined fields work well for me, I set SIG_INFO to store p2p park number, MY_STATE, MY_SIG_INFO, MY_GRIDSQUARE to store my location.
The only thing I miss I would like to store my county into MY_CNTY as well, so I could upload to LOTW without creating each location in tqsl, and tqsl may just use those my location data from qso log. But I already ran out of four user defined fields, and also it looks like MY_CNTY is not in the list.
Besides that I would like to thank DL2RUM for such a good quality well made software. I just started to play with it and don't have much experience with different logging programs, but this one is impressed.Some very nice features I glad i found here:
- Ability to edit multiple QSO at once (I set my grig, my state, my park number after activation);
- Export selected QSO to adif;
- Arrow that shows direction to other station;
- Ability to see selected QSO's on the map.
- Rig control reads current frequency end enters it automatically.
Those are so useful. Thank you.
I'm trying to figure out a way to store my county in the log, also to check if I already worked a station before calling it currently i start to enter its call sign at the bottom of the window in filters, and if I don't see it I enter it again into QSO call sign field. Not sure if I do it as intended or there is another way without double entering it.