CAT Kenwood TS-590

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
SV1DAY

Re: CAT Kenwood TS-590

Unread post by SV1DAY »

These are the settings on my side and work like a charm! Prerequisites are to have your TS-590SG connected to you computer with the USB port and have the menu 68 "USB port baud rate" set at 9600. You do not need faster speed...

73 de SV1DAY
Manos
SV1DAY-RUMLOGNG-TS590SG.png
AG7AB

Unread post by AG7AB »

I have had some difficulty getting Rumlogng to work with my 590S. I finally got it working and thought I should share what I learned. I'm not sure it's unique, but hopefully will be helpful. I installed the USB to serial driver from SiLabs with no issue. The port showed up as expected under the System Report, but but could not get either Flrig, Rumlog or CubicSDR to recognize the radio. I tried Flrig on an old Windows 7 box and it worked fine, so the radio and interface were verified. Then I tried on another Mac that had recently been updated to Big Sur and it worked! So I then went back to my main shack computer and updated it from Catalina to Big Sur, and then it worked too. Flrig, CubicSDR and Rumlogng all communicate with the radio as expected.

So, I may have had some confusion with changing multiple parameters and the different apps interfering with each other, or it may have been that Big Sur (11.2.2) fixed something. One interesting note: The System Report under Big Sur is somewhat different. It doesn't list the specific devices (port numbers) under the USB grouping as it did with Catalina. They do show up in a terminal window with "ls /dev/"

Thanks to the others here that posted their settings. Very helpful. Here is my current setup:
Untitled.jpg
Mike
AG7AB
dh1ahl

Unread post by dh1ahl »

Hello,

I'm having similar issues with TS-590S. After I updated to new OS version 10.15.7 (Catalina) CAT is not working any more
I updated the SiliconLabs Driver to the newest version (from March 2021) and now I have the following situation:
- only baud 38400 seems to communicate at all
- with following settings (Radio is on 7014 kHz)

after i Click on "Fertig" on the log page frequency jumps to the right frequency but after 1s jumps to 3507 kHz and is not changing when I turn the VFO

For some reason if I change settings to parity: "even" the right frequency is shown in the log window, but it is also not changing when turn the VFO

was there any change in the way driver is working or what is different now?
Attachments
log page_TRCV is on 7014.png
CAT settings TS590S.png
dh1ahl

Unread post by dh1ahl »

sorry for confusion, forget about this. Radio was on VFOB and I was not seeing it ;) (too long brake with this TRCV :) )
everything is working fine:
baud: 38400
Stop bits: 1
Parity: none
Flusskontrolle: RTS/CTS

73, Adrian