RumLogNG w/ FLDIGI in Sept 2020 CQ WW DX RTTY contest

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K9QJS

Re: RumLogNG w/ FLDIGI in Sept 2020 CQ WW DX RTTY contest

Unread post by K9QJS »

Hmmm.... No obvious thoughts come to my mind. But I do note that Fldigi definitely talks to RumLogNG with RTTY decode information.

Not sure this is related, but here is my RumLogNG UDP tab screen for you to look at.

- Hoop
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 10.41.35 PM.png
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

In the RUMlog Fldigi settings you have to enter the host address port for the xml/rpc control port. In the screen shot above it seems to be empty. The numbers you see are just place holders, you can enter these data. The default port in Fldigi is 7362.

Only one application can have the CAT control. You have three option:
  1. RUMlog has CAT control: CAT data must me send to Fldigi over the xml/rpc port 7362. This works one way only! In Fldigi all CAT controls must be disabled. In RL activate the options Send TRX#1 data to Fldigi and Use RUMlog to switch PTT . In the TRX#1 settings you have to choose a PTT switching option.
  2. Fldigi has CAT control: Configure Fldigi for CAT, in RUMlog deactivate all CAT control options, just use the option Use Fldigi for CAT TRX1. This is a two way connection.
  3. Flrig has CAT control and acts as server: Configure Fldigi as Flrig client and in RUMlog select Flrig as TRCVR type.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
NN7M

Unread post by NN7M »

Tom and Hoop,

With your help, I was able to make this work tonight. I followed Tom's instruction, option 1. I think the mistake I was making was not entering addresses in the Fldigi host and port addresses correctly in the RL Preferences window. Once I followed the instructions, decodes showed up in the RL itty window, and frequency info showed up in Fldigi.

For others (and my reference), here's my config windows:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.47.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.46.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 9.46.28 PM.png
SV1DAY

Unread post by SV1DAY »

I spent two days searching around to make finally fldigi 4.1.17 to work with RUMLogNG 5.2! All was OK (PTT, logging with AppleScript macro) except the frequency on fldigi, resulting in wrong QSO frequency in RUMLogNG.

The solution was a sentence of Tom in his message dated Sat 14. Nov 2020, 12:15. Tom wrote "...In Fldigi all CAT controls must be disabled."!

So, make sure that in Fldigi Configuration>Rig Control none the 5 available methods is selected!

73 de SV1DAY
Manos
PC9T

Unread post by PC9T »

Manos,

Do you have the same problem as i have that Fldigi sudenly stops working, as it looks like Fldigi crashes?

Even i do not transmit with Fldigi it hapens.

With mac os do you use?

PC9T

Maurice