qso frequency edit bug

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
AE0GL-Mario

qso frequency edit bug

Unread post by AE0GL-Mario »

Hi!

I've started using rumlog to edit qso's for my vhf/uhf FM operations on my iPhone 11 and think I've found a bug that probably only shows up here in North America.

When I enter the frequency, it requires that it be entered in khz - for example "146520", which is fine, and it introduces a comma for grouping after the first three digits and displays it as "146,520.0". This is displayed and operates correctly and the band is identified properly as 2m as well.

However, if I try to edit the QSO, that field appears in the active edit field as "146,520.0", which is not so good! If I edit the field and then try to save the record, the band display becomes undefined and shows "??" unless I manually remove the comma from the field and edit it again. I think this is probably a bug related to confusion over decimal delimiters between us in the US and the rest of the world! It would greatly simplify editing if it could be fixed before the next revision, however.

Just a side note related to the MacOS version: I sometimes wish it were easier to manually enter a QSO from a rig that RUMLogNG is NOT controlling (like an HT). Currently, I need to go into the preferences and disable CAT control of my other HF rig, enter the qso and then re-enable CAT control. It would be nice if the "follow TRX" button would disable attempts to override editing of the frequency and mode fields instead of just the mode field (or better yet, if there was another button to temporarily disable CAT interaction for the duration of the entry from the non-controlled equipment... If there's already an easy way to do this without a trip to the preferences, I must have missed it!

thanks in advance for a pair of great products!

M
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: qso frequency edit bug

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I've found a bug that probably only shows up here in North America.
Tnx for the hint. The German version is affected as well. I have to fix that.
If there's already an easy way to do this without a trip to the preferences, I must have missed it!
You can (mis)use the Real Time popup menu. When you select "Manually time entry", the mode and frequency fields will not be updated by CAT.
Attachments
Manual time entry disables the real time clock and CAT data take over
Manual time entry disables the real time clock and CAT data take over
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
AE0GL-Mario

Re: qso frequency edit bug

Unread post by AE0GL-Mario »

I'll try the menu and wait eagerly for the comma fix...

Thanks again for this great software!

M