Bluetooth LE CAT interface

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
SM3UQK

Re: Bluetooth LE CAT interface

Unread post by SM3UQK »

Ok, why not? Is it RUMlog that is the limiting factor or the bluetooth board?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I would need a transceiver on my desk for development and testing.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ct7ahv

Unread post by ct7ahv »

Hello,
I tried to make the Bluetooth interface with a BLE-HC Module Bluetooth 4.0 UART Transceiver CC2540 Module that I purchased on a store here in Portugal (https://www.ptrobotics.com/bluetooth/52 ... odule.html), but the iPad and the iPhone don’t find the Bluetooth device; my laptop and my wife’s smartphone find and connect. Anyone can help me?
I also tried with a serial to WiFi interface, all configured, Ipad connects to the network but the Rumlog2Go seems that just accepts the expensive pigtail...

Thanks for any help, 73’s

Pedro, CT7AHV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

As far as I know only the Adafruit module was tested successfully: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2479
You could use this app to get a connection to your module: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/adafruit- ... orm=iphone The problem may be in RUMlog, and with more information about your device from this application we could find a solution.
I also tried with a serial to WiFi interface, all configured, Ipad connects to the network but the Rumlog2Go seems that just accepts the expensive pigtail...
RUMlog uses just a tcp/ip connection, regardless of the device. But the auto discovery function works with the Pigtail only. When your device is in the same network, you just have to enter the device address and the used port in RUMlog.
ct7ahv

Unread post by ct7ahv »

Hello Tom,
I bought the Bluefruit LE interface and now it works! I can connect by bluetooth to my Icom 7300 with my iPad Pro 11!
I have a few questions and I need help but i will write on the correct forum, I would like to use the Rumlog2go in contest when I'm operating outside my station and I need to know if is possible to "personalize" the app.

Thanks, best 73
kb0yd

Unread post by kb0yd »

Would it be possible to (or has anyone tried) have a Raspberry Pi be the BLE interface to a radio and have RUMlog2Go connect to the Raspberry Pi instead of using the Adafruit BLE module?
GI1XPV

Unread post by GI1XPV »

Hi Tom
With the current extended time at home, I finally got around to constructing this BLE CAT interface for use with my FT817ND. It's working brilliantly, reading both frequency and mode on all bands … EXCEPT mode in 40m?? The problem with this band is very unusual. FM, AM, LSB and USB are all correctly reported in the TRX Control window, but CW, CWR and DIG all report blank in the TRX Control Window, leaving the Logbook window recording AM or whatever was set before. Given that this is such a specific problem, could this be a RumLogNG software issue? I am hoping so because, if it is a radio problem, I have little hope of resolving it.
Regards
Kemuel - GI1XPV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Please confirm: Only 40m CW and Data is affected? No idea yet. I don't have any Yaesu available for testing.
Do you have a Mac?
GI1XPV

Unread post by GI1XPV »

Hi Tom
Yes, Only 40m CW and data. I have worked through everything from top band to 70cm. As far as I can see, every other band is ok. Yes, I do have a Mac.
Kemuel
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You should check the trx on the Mac using RUMlog.

Please install this app: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/TCP2Serial.zip
You can connect your iPad via tcp/ip with this app on the Mac and your trx to the app via the Mac. Now we can monitor the traffic on the CAT port to isolate the problem. Further more I could connect to your TRX for more tests from here.
You need an operational CAT connection to your trx, you must have the correct driver installed, a cable connected and you need the settings for the COM port.