Macro to Set Power Level

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
nineback

Macro to Set Power Level

Unread post by nineback »

I have an Icom 7300 and am looking for a way to send a command to the radio to set the power level. I thought there might be a way with the 7300 Control window to send user defined commands but did not see it.

Tom
KQ5S
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Macro to Set Power Level

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is no provision for that.
Icom CAT protocol is based on hexadecimal, binary and BCD codes, not very user friendly. That's why it is not implemented yet. I guess, very few users only would deal with that.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
nineback

Thanks. I believe that folks would use it. DXLabs for windows has had this "feature" for a long time and people use it a lot. You can create either push buttons or sliders. Since the 7300 only has a few dials on the radio being able to create your own macros would be a real nice feature. You are correct that it takes a little "programming experience" to set up the macros. As you know all the manufactures publish the command sets. The 7300 is a great little radio but having most of the controls menu drive is a bit of a pain. Just remembering what menu you need to go to for me and according to the 7300 forums is a challenge for a lot of people. I would ask that you please consider this since I think more and more radios will become SDR based and the 7300 is leading the way.

By the way I lived in Wiesbaden for 3 years and loved it.

Thanks for a great program.

Tom
KQ5S
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Wiesbaden is 15 minutes from here. :-)

Can you give me an example how it looks like to create a macro in DXLabs? Do you really have to enter a macro like: 0xFE, 0xFE, 0x94, 0xE0, 0x17, 0xFF, 0xFD ???

The next version brings two interesting additions into the IC-7300 control window which I love:
  • The scope reference level is saved and restored by band
  • The fixed scope edges selection can be changed by the used frequency
I set the 3 pairs of edges to the CW, Data and SSB section of the band. When I turn the VFO knob, the selected edge pair changes now automatically to have the active frequency always in view.
nineback

Here is a link to the on line documentation. Dave, AA6YQ, does an excellent job of documenting what he does.

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Hel ... uences.htm

I uploaded a file showing what my system looks like. Look under user defined controls. You have pre-defined buttons to set specific settings like 10 watts and and sliders which let you vary the control from say 0 watts up to 100 watts.

Looking forward to the new command window.

One other question. When I click on a spot that says something like up 2 my radio is not put in split mode. Have I missed a setting?

Tom
Attachments
Screen Shot DXLab Cmd Window.jpg
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Setting up split is your job.
To set split to up 2 in the IC-7300 control window just press:
  • Enter
  • Enter
nineback

Understand on the split. I have 2 monitors. Anyway I can have the program open back up on the monitor I was using when I quit the program and have the windows in the same location?

Tom
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Yes you can. It's pending on your System Preferences Settings under Mission Control.