*.csv Import Function

Control and memory management software for Icom transceivers
DL2RUM
Administrator

*.csv Import Function

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hello,

Sometimes I read the feature request to allow RUMtrol an import of *csv files, created by a spreadsheet. I'm not quite sure, if there is any standard or everybody uses an own format. What format do you use? I could add an import function into the program, but only one. I don't like to adapt the software to individuals.
I've got an example file from Dave, WB7G:

Code: Select all

Memory number  (1-99 or 1A, 1B, etc.)
Channel name  (0 to 9 ASCII chars)  (Would = "BLANK")
Frequency in Khz  (xxxxxx.xxx or NULL string)
Mode  (AM,FM,LSB etc.or NULL string)
Filter (1,2,3 or NULL string)
RX SUB Freq (or off or NULL string)
TX SUB Freq (or off or NULL string)
DTCS type (NN,NR,RN,RR or NULL string)
DTCS code (023 to 754 or NULL string)
DUPLEX (DUP+ or DUP- or NULL string)
SCAN (ON or OFF or Null string)
SPLIT (ON or OFF or Null string)

1,"W6PW SF",145350,"FM",1,"OFF",114.8,,,"DUP-","ON","OFF"
2,"KF6CLH",145410,"FM",1,,"OFF","NR",51,"DUP-","ON","OFF"
3,"SR",145470,"FM",1,,88.5,,,"DUP-","OFF","OFF"
4,"Oakland",145490,"FM",1,,131.8,,,"DUP-","OFF","OFF"
5,"I3545",146115,"FM",1,,88.5,,,"DUP-","OFF","OFF"
6,"Mdiablo",146205,"FM",1,,100,,,"DUP-","OFF","OFF"
Any other suggestions?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM

Re: *.csv Import Function

Unread post by Guest »

Tom,

I just started using RUMtrol7000 and would like to see a CSV export and import. This would help make it easy to load a lot of data by using an editor (notepad etc.) or Excel.

Bill, K3ZAA
KE0MF

Unread post by KE0MF »

I sympathize in trying to implement this feature without getting involved in a whole bunch of tweaked versions of the same upgrade for everyone's 'version' of how this should work.

For me, I did not have another source of memory info in csv I wanted to import, so I did not use this feature when I programmed my rig. I found the ability to store my settings in the .plist output file to be fine for my needs. Now I know that if at some point I need to re-load my IC-7000, or load another IC-7000, it is an easy and quick process. So for me, I would not see the need for this feature. I suppose if there are known lists of frequencies that are readily available to most operators that use some common format for storing the data using comm separated variables, that would be a good place to start.

Thanks again for a great program! :D

de KE0MF/Mike
DL2RUM
Administrator

First version available

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hello

on http://www.dl2rum.de/rumsoft you can find a first version of RUMtrol7000 which allows a csv import. The website is not updated yet, only the downloadable file is new. Scroll down to the button of the page and select the Beta version to download.

Feedback is welcome.
kc7dx

Unread post by kc7dx »

RUMtrol7000 V.2.1 11-Sep-2007 will not import lines with 19 fields as specified in the documentation. It will import lines with 12 fields as shown in this web site. The warning "Wrong numbers of fields in line 1" appears. (By the way, it should read "Wrong number of fields in line 1".
kc7dx

Unread post by kc7dx »

How about a matching *cvs export function. That way I could export the data to a spread sheet, modify it, and then re-import it. One nice thing about the spreadsheet is the ability to use calculations to make a list of channels.
DL2RUM
Administrator

19 fields are working here

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Can you provide an *.csv example which is not working on your system? so I can troubleshoot it.
In fact, there is only the restriction that you must have a minimum of 12 fields.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Matching *.csv Export Function

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The idea behind RUMtrol is to use a single program only. There are a lot of features to edit and manipulate the memory banks. In my opinion it makes no sense to export the data to edit first and reimport it to upload later. But for data export to other applications, a csv export function should be easy to implement.
philwells

Unread post by philwells »

Tom,

It's too bad that there is NOT a standard. Perhaps you can create it.

Since a .CSV file can be imported to and exported from Excel and Open Office, I think that anyone with a little computer knowledge can export from their other program via CSV, edit it in Excel, and export again to CSV for your programs, as long as the format is published.

I use an inexpensive paid program for my 857D. I'll send its export file it to your posted email address.

Tschuss,

Phil AF6AV