Download from LotW

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
AE6JV

Download from LotW

Unread post by AE6JV »

I've been trying to get download from LotW to work. I've checked the user name, password and last date downloaded in the preferences pane. I can successfully download using RUMlog 5.3.13, but fail on RUMlogNG 2.5.1 and 2.5.2.

I get two symptoms. The first is a hang while connecting followed by connection timeout. The second is a quick response (less than 2 seconds) of no "No new QSLs". I was investigating the timeout and logged into my LotW account to check that the username and password were correct. I tried downloading while logged in to the web page and got the quick response. Since then, for several hours, I get the quick response syndrome.

(There are acknowledged QSOs in LotW after the last download data that haven't been downloaded, I can see them on the web and with the RUMlog download.)

73 and Thanks, Bill AE6JV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Download from LotW

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you would use a wrong password/username you would see another error message.
The LoTW server responses sometimes very slow, don't worry.

Go to the Preferences and set the date of Last LoTW QSL in further into the past to become synchronized for the first time. Please note, this date is the date when your last QSL was processed by the server! It's not the QSO date, nor the last download date.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
AE6JV

Unread post by AE6JV »

No joy. I set the date back to 1-1-2010, which is before the first entry in my log.

When I select "Read data from ARRL", the response "No new QSLs! :-(" comes back in less than 2 seconds, so I don't think there has been enough time to connect to the ARRL. The activity monitor (network) shows no packets sent or received.

After rebooting the Mac, I looked in the console log, but the only things I found for RUMlogNG occurred after the download failure and were:

2/3/16 22:01:17.301 RUMlogNG[452]: + -CreateAudio 0
2/3/16 22:01:17.301 RUMlogNG[452]: HAL: CreateAudio: CurrentprocessName is RUMlogNG
... 50 lines omitted
2/3/16 22:01:17.403 RUMlogNG[452]: - PGAsioDriver::onInitializeWithObjectID
2/3/16 22:01:17.403 RUMlogNG[452]: - AudioDriverInitializeWithObjectID

73 and thanks - Bill, AE6JV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Two seconds are sufficient for this kind of answer. Only few bytes will be exchanged. Check if you have set the "For callsign" field correct.
AE6JV

Unread post by AE6JV »

I had "for call signs" set to "all call signs". When I open up the options, it shows AE6JV and AE6JV/1. AE6JV has a large number of QSLs since 2010.

I changed the entry to AE6JV and got to "downloading..." but then got an error "Cannot parse response". I tried again and got 1190 QSLs. Things are looking more reasonable. But why didn't "all call signs" find anything?

Some of these issues may be the same as K8AJS was getting described in "Error uploading to LowW "<http://dl2rum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=668>.

73 & thanks - Bill AE6JV
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For all callsignsI works fine for me here. Please check if it now works for you as well. It may be possible, that it works not correct, when you never changed this selection. I have to test it further more in the next days.

LoTW uploads and downloads are a totally different story.
AE6JV

Unread post by AE6JV »

I was able to download with after returning to "All callsigns", so it may be an initialization problem.

Things seem to be working well now.

Thanks!

Bill, AE6JV